Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
what a shocker today at the gas station !
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Dog3000
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 20:39:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i still say hydromaniacs are cooler. who wants a flamethrower when you have a giant water gun?!?!?!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 23:47:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

IceNine wrote:
So it was 100% your choice then, eh? Razz

Yep... Colorado maybe wasn't the prime state we were looking at, but we were actively LOOKING to move out of Ca.

You tell me how much a house like this would have cost in Ca... (oo and those's pic's don't include the 800 Sq Ft mostly finished basement)

Last edited by BeerCheeze on Wed, 25 May 2005 00:01:15; edited 1 time in total
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 23:58:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The reason Oregon still keeps its somewhat old fashioned "no self serve" policy is to create and keep TONS of entry level college students and other "harder to employ" folks with good jobs.

If you think about it, by creating one law, Oregon has created a massive employment market that isn't paid for by taxes. It is paid for at the pump, but the price of gasoline up there is still cheaper than in Ca, and Oregon has not one Oil Refinery anywhere in the state...

EXPLAIN THAT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most expensive gallon of gas I have ever bought is at a Shell station... LESS THAN 100 FEET FROM THE SHELL MARTINEZ REFINERY!!!!!!!!!!!!
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 00:02:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Yea, I've seen that Station Spire... I used to drive by it on my way to work everyday (used to work at the Concord Navel Weapons Station).
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 00:21:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Then you were driving either right through the middle of or just to the left of my (and Asylum's) Refinery.

Used to be the Tosco Refinery on Solano way, the one closest to the weapons station. Too funny...
Tech-Daddy
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 00:40:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

vulcan wrote:
it costs 88p/litre over here ($1.5/litre) for diesel, and a bit cheaper for petrol (I don't look at petrol, i only drive diesel). LPG is only 30p/litre. I'm not sure how that translates into gallons though...

I was just getting ready to drop these bombs...

We *think* we have it bad on the gas prices, but let's compare the Yanks (us) against the Brits (them)...

1 gallon = 3.79 liters (or litres Wink )
and the current exchange rate puts the following in place:
$1 = .55 GBP (British Pound Sterling)

So, literally for comparison purposes, the costs are 2 to 1.

So, using the above quoted pricing, it takes 3.79 liters to equal a gallon.
3.79 x .88 = 3.34 GBP/gal
OR
(drum roll please)
3.34 X 2 = $6.68USD/gal of gas.

And we complain about $2.50....
but then, we also have the freedom to drive big vehicles wit hbig engines! And our infrastructure is much more developed for distribution of fuel, so that helps to keep our costs down.

HOWEVER... next time *we* feel like this is out of control, let us take a moment of silence and feel for our buds over hte pond, whose gas is COMPLETELY out of control.

(Side note, this high gas price in the UK causes people to use ublic transport much more, developes much more efficient vehicles, and promotes more walking. )

vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 03:21:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Public transport, despite what you may see in the news or read about, is actually very good over here. I don't drive, so i am forced to sue public transport. As this is quite a small country, it is very easy for me to get to where i want to go through PT, and it ususally work out cheaper than if i drove (return oxford to london return - £5) after all, plus it does help the environment a bit.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

J-Dog3000
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 07:51:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

People should just hop on bikes.
Dreggs
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:33:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

$1.84 in Sherman, Tx today.
Dreggs
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:35:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Spire wrote:
Then you were driving either right through the middle of or just to the left of my (and Asylum's) Refinery.

Used to be the Tosco Refinery on Solano way, the one closest to the weapons station. Too funny...

Ahhh yes, the moneymaker.......................
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: