Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
UPDATE: Do Not buy from buy.com
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 08 May 2005 11:45:02    Post Subject: UPDATE: Do Not buy from buy.com Reply with quote View Single Post

Original thread title...

Buy.com - Viking 256MB PC2100, PC2700, PC3200 - < $6 AR

BUY.COM

Seach for Item#: CS5RK2 for 256MB PC2100 DDR for $5.19 after $15 rebate... SHIPPED FREE.

Search for Item#: CS44VN for 256MB PC2700 DDR for $5.93 after $15 rebate... SHIPPED FREE.

Search for Item#: CTTJLG for 256MB PC3200 DDR for $5.85 after $15 rebate... No free shipping.

Evil Banana

BUY.COM

Good deal on some basic DDR... I ordered a few sticks just to get the Crucial Ballistix out of my 3 year olds machine! Laughing

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:43:53; edited 2 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 08 May 2005 14:20:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

#$@% I need 512MB sticks... Don't have room for more 256Megers
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:43:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I got order confirmations right after ordering... and the status was "sent to warehouse" within hours... Now I get an e-mail about this being backordered... Bang Head
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:20:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So the e-mail about them being backordered said I could cancel if I didn't want to wait... The order was placed on May 08, the backorder info came on May 12, and I finally decided to cancel on May 15th.

I login to see if they were processing a credit yet, and see that they shipped on May 18th!

WTF

The whole thing has been more trouble than it was worth, and now I have to go through the process of getting a rebate on these... Should have just bought from Newegg.

Bang Head
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 19:05:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The DDR arrived today... Each stick in a separate anti-static bag dropped into a huge (maybe 10"x15") barely padded envelope.

And guess what? One stick is DOA!! Censored
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 19:09:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

not the first time you ahve gottend doa stuff Bang Head ...
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 23 May 2005 19:25:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

it has been a long time, as the merchants I buy from have their Censored together. I knew at least one of these would be dead just based on how they were packed. The whole process has been a pain... not worth the effort at all! Bang Head
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:38:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

To continue the whole nightmarish process of this order, lets start with a recap...

1. Two orders were placed May 08, and quickly marked as sent to the warehouse (separate orders from separate names/addresses for rebate purposes)
2. E-mail received on May 12 about items being backordered and that I could cancel
3. I request the orders canceled on May 15
4. May 18 the orders ship anyway!!!
5. May 23 the orders arrive poorly packed and one stick is DOA... I return it the next day.
6. Jun 11 the replacement stick arrives (long time ehh)
7. Both rebates were submitted within the correct timeframe with all the proper paperwork etc...

And now...

BOTH REBATES HAVE BEEN REJECTED!!!!

Do not buy from buy.com - they are a scam and idiots... But I guess their reseller rating reflects that:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2107.html

Its about to drop even more as I am going to post my two experiences there now!!!!
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 01:45:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

we should make a thread or an area based on experiences like that... definently help ppl before they buy and have sh!t like that hopefully come to an end

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
jake_johnson
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:18:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

A retailer review section. Have one topic for all the major vendors. And users post what they think of them. And if their vendor is not their then they add it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Marketplace All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: