Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Unlocking Processor Multiplier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elnova
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:33:13    Post Subject: Unlocking Processor Multiplier Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm using DFI 865PE-TAG motherboard', and i'm having a plroblem to unlock the processor multiplier

My system is:

Motherboards :DFI 865PE-TAG
Processor : Intel P4 LGA 775 ( 520)
Graphics Card : Elsa Radeon 9600XT 128MB
Memory : Visipro PC-3200 256MB x 2
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:52:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am way out of the loop with Intel but last I knew the multipliers on Intel processors are locked so you cant change them. Like I said I am way out of the loop with Intel so if I am wrong someone please correct me.

BTW WELCOME to Brig Bruin hope you enjoy yourself here.
BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 12 May 2005 00:52:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I heard that Intel started locking the multipliers to keep people from buying cheeper processors and overclocking them to have the power of the more expensive ones..... something about protecting their industry
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 12 May 2005 01:04:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i dont know much about p4's but if the multiplier is locked in the processor you would have to google for a hard mod...the only problem is companies have gotten smarter and usually it involves bridgeing 2 pins on the processor...but companies are now placing the 2 pins as far away from eachother as possible...i could be wrong and it could be a mobo thing but if its like the amd's and its on the processor you are stuck.
Invinciblegod
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 12 May 2005 08:56:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i remember reading articles on people soldiers two parts together to unlock it.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:22:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome Elnova! Wave

[b]Guys... If you don't have help for posters seeking technical advice, please don't post guesses.

Last fall Asus released a BIOS for their socket 775 boards that finally allowed for multiplier overclocking on Pentium 4 Prescott chips...

http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040916/

I can not find info as to whether DFI has followed suit, but being that they are so into overclocking, it may be worth a shot getting the latest BIOS for your board...

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios_download_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3325&CATEGORY_TYPE=MB&STATUS_FLAG=A&SITE=NA

And then checking it for new features to overclock this way.

The technology is out there, you have the right kind of chip, its just a matter of your motherboard supporting it with a BIOS flash (if available).
Evil_spork
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:47:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

with an intel CPU there is no way at all to unlock any multi.

with an amd.. some chips can have some multis.

the ONLY way to unlock multis on an intel chip(P4 based) id to have an ES. those are not easy to come by.

Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: