Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
New OCer, need some help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dfran
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:56:31    Post Subject: New OCer, need some help Reply with quote View Single Post

This is my first time doing this. I'm using nTune. Have Asus A8N-SLI w/ single 6800GT, Athlon 64 3500Win, 1.0Gb ram, and using Windows xp x64. When I open nTune I get a warning that PCI clock is set to track the HT bus, and to disable before preceding. I've looked through my Asus owner's manual, and through the bios itself. I can't see how to change this setting. I see PCI clock syncronization setting but not sure if it applies or what the right setting should be. I have it set to 33.3mHz. How do[Can] I make this adjustment?
thanks in advance.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:22:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you've never OCed before, I wouldn't start with your graphics card. I've never actually used nTune myself (or even heard much about its performance), but I would recommend Riva Tuner.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:43:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just got the Asus A8N-E, with Windows XP x64... As soon as I get it running right at default settings I'll see what I can see. I assume the settings would be similar.

I did look in the BIOS and things looked good for OC'ing, but I can't keep Windows stable enough to install nTune and other basic stuff... Bang Head
Dfran
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:04:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
I just got the Asus A8N-E, with Windows XP x64... As soon as I get it running right at default settings I'll see what I can see. I assume the settings would be similar.

I did look in the BIOS and things looked good for OC'ing, but I can't keep Windows stable enough to install nTune and other basic stuff... Bang Head

Do I need a certain OC tool bcz of xp x64?
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:58:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My bet is the tool does NOT work under X64. Sadly I have found very few utilities that work under X64. From doing a quick google, it doesn't seem as it is.

Welcome to 64 bit windows.... The OS everyone seems to be too affraid to write for.
Evil_spork
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:50:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

first step. dont sue nTool. go to www.cpuid.com and get clockgen.

second is to read up on how multipliers and bus's work. so you know what youre changing when you change a setting.

edit: helps to read the post.. overclocking in xp64 is gunna be hard. no software overclocking tools have been made for it. youre gunna have to do it in the bios.

also check up on what the good bios is for that board, or jsut use the latest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: