Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Where have all the RPGs gone
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:55:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

abandonia... awesome site... Running dosbox now... I'm also looking up Masters of Magic... Old (great) dos strategy game, with the drawback of requiring about 60kb of core system memory... RAM doesn't do it... Great feedback guys.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:22:10    Post Subject: 3 problems i have with this thread Reply with quote View Single Post

1 - HackaX0rus, since when do you read

2 - this is for Elementer

"There are 2348179231412 people that spend 60% day to play games like Ultima and other online games, recently I see some forum like Warhammer, Ultima etc... there are 1000 billion people there, maybe these type of games can be more enthusiastically to play instead of "run and fire" such Doom 3"

- there is only 6 billion people on the planet get your numbers straight, 2348179231412 is a third of the population

3 - rpgs in no way signify no life, thats what we call a stereotype in the real world there not always true

if your going to post do it intelligently, show us that there is a brain in that head and maybe people will take you seriously
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:31:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BL what up dawg...shh they arent sposed to know i cant read-.-...ya i just dont play them cause i am a fast paced fps person...i have tried rpg's but i see them as pointless but i gues you could argue the same with fps' but its my personal opinon.
BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:38:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

you do really need to get a spell check program, but that is actually a good point there Hackz0r
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:01:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i only spelled one thing wrong...and thats cause i have super glue on my fingers and its like tyring to type with soapy fingers on your bathdup they are sliding everywhere and hitting the wrong keys. Laughing
MTechnik
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:41:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have to second a couple of statements made already and add one.

NWN (with both expansions) - There are huge persistent worlds out there for NWN that have some incredible writing and scripting in them. I re-installed NWN about two months ago and have been enjoying it immensely.

Vampire: Bloodlines - Yes, it is an FPS/RPG blend. But this is the first game I have seen where you can do anything, anyhow you want and still do GREAT in the game. Most RPG's have some flexibility, but in the end, 80% of the XP is from monster kills. 100% of V:B is for objectives and actions. For once a character that sneaks past all the guards in a level can do just as good as the big buff tank killing everything. AWESOME job there.

Morrowind - Another game with a TON of possibilities. Really open-ended. Tho if you make a mage with flight, you can cheese out a lot.

There are some awesome RPG's out there, and Vampire is even a rather recent game, based on the new Source engine with the appropriately GORGEOUS graphics.

-MT
CHollman82
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 05:41:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

dd2y wrote:
... but I prefer today's FPS to play, for their technology and difficulty in the development.

No offense, but that is a pretty sad reason to play a game...

For a good oldschool RPG try Fate, its only 20 bucks and it uses dynamically generated levels to make it theoretically endless. It's cool though because when you get tired of playing you can retire your character and continue playing as their offspring. You can pass down one "heirloom" item to your offspring that gets a boost to all of its stats... and you will need to do that many times to get far into the dungeon because it starts to get disproportionatly harder as you go. I've gone over 300 levels deep with my 8th generation character
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

swank1
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:46:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

RPGs have definitely been weak lately, and yes, I would say its mainly due to the huge growth and time put into MMORPGs (which I don't like).

Dungeon Siege II was not bad, but it lacked a lot of the fun and lightheartedness of the first one. It just became more like an improvement on Diablo 2 (it was better)...

Past that things have been very boring. I played Fable (xbox not pc) back in the day and it was fun but childish and SUPER easy. I played every aspect of the game and beat it in under 12 hours without dying once. I think an expansion wa recently released...

Any other ideas?? I am fresh out... Bang Head
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:33:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

www.darkfallonline.com

I can't wait ti'll this Mass Multiplayer comes out. Wave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: