Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
3400+ A64 world record broken!
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldsage
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:18:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I recently saw something about someone who got their computer to 4005 mhz on an AMD 64.

But the problem is people like them just get their computer stable for 1 second, and just long enough to take a screenshot.

I only take "record breaking" scores serious, if the people posting them did a thorough testing of their system in something like prime 95 to test system stability.

A high score is meaningless, unless they keep their system running stable at that speed.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:29:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't know if there is any reason to not respect the efforts, but I agree... A system that is not actually usable isn't that exciting to me. The setup and the effort is exciting, but the end result didn't quite do it for me. That said, I know I don't have the budget to keep trying if certain components fail on the way to the final goal. I imagine that played a role in the results being published as is...
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:42:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well its like any record...even in cars some of the record breaking jet cars cna only be run long enuf to egt the record...its not about making it a daily driver its about setting new heights.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:01:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Top Fuel Dragsters only do what they do for 1/4 mile.

There is as much emphasis on max stable systems too, it just happens that Spork decided to go for a key milestone.

It is the dedication and time involved in doing something like this that makes the rest of our STABLE overclocked systems better. With folks like Spork doing stuiff like this, I can just read a few threads and get an incredible overclock without even trying. I appreciate the work these fools and nut jobs do!!!
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:49:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Spire wrote:
Top Fuel Dragsters only do what they do for 1/4 mile.

There is as much emphasis on max stable systems too, it just happens that Spork decided to go for a key milestone.

It is the dedication and time involved in doing something like this that makes the rest of our STABLE overclocked systems better. With folks like Spork doing stuiff like this, I can just read a few threads and get an incredible overclock without even trying. I appreciate the work these fools and nut jobs do!!!

spork sat and gave input and took pics...aaron did the work, he is a maniac with all the cooling things he has...he has a dual radiator watercooling...the radiators are from cars so he has 2 120mm fans on each, he has a pc ice dual phase change cooler a few slk thermalright heatsinks and the awesome dry ice tube...spork is very good overclocker but aaron is top notch.

eshbach
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:02:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

to those who question the value max speed screens, here is a super pi run at 3200mhz.

http://img100.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img100&image=29spi32006xv.jpg
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:04:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome to BB eshbach...finally Laughing.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

MrAndersen
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:18:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Isnt this becomming more common now? Whats with manufacturing lately? This is great news.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: