Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
PHP/MySQL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 15:25:04    Post Subject: PHP/MySQL Reply with quote View Single Post

If any newbs at PHP or MySQL need help, I'm here to help! For instance I created this webpage from scratch: My System Specs

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 15:32:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am THE PHP / My SQL noob!! I wanted to do more with it here, but didn't, because I would wind up dizzy trying to figure it out... Laughing

Like, having the forum and a Post Nuke like news program share a MySQL db...
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 15:40:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hm... I went to the PostNuke website to find out what it is, but I'm still confused. Their about page is very ambiguous.

I think I know what idea you have in mind, but if you wouldn't mind elaborating?

A letter to a soldier
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 15:47:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well... I like what I did as an alternative, but POst Nuke will take data, like forum posts, and format it for the front page news. Its what ForumOC and IANAG use for their news.

I found this other app, GreyMatter, which does the same thing (pretty much), but it doesn't require a db (It creates log files). Its how my news gets on the front page here... An (fairly) easy interface to add the text / images, and it does all the formatting.

Thing is, I only have 1 MySQL db included with the hosting, and couldn't figure out how to make tables for the forum and Post Nuke in there, even though other said it was "easy".

Anyway... a PHP guy will always be welcome here!!
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 15:55:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

In my experience, the forum creates its own tables. I'm not sure, but I would assume that PostNuke does the same. When I ran PHPBB, it allowed me to suffix the table names. I used "PHPBB_" as the suffix so I knew which tables were for what.

A letter to a soldier
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:47:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wish I could help, took me about a week to get what you want to do to work on my personal family web site. Ended up being pretty easy and only needed one line of code, the rest it did itself.

But then I'm using IB boards, and MySQL, not sure how it would work with Nuke.

I could give you the code I needed to get mine to work, you coudl try that out if you wanted...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: