Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Copy/Paste Problem...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRpaTi
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:09:42    Post Subject: Copy/Paste Problem... Reply with quote View Single Post

Darn it this is anoying... every now and then windows starts playing funny games with me and doesn't paste the text that I have copied. I basically select a text, I either do a right click and hit copy or hit the copy button on my keyboard, but when i want to paste it somewhere else, only a single space shows up. I checked the Windows Clipboard (run=clipbrd), and it looks like it's resetting itself every 1/2 second (like it's closing the document and opening a new one)

Heard of this problem before? It's the first time that's happened to me and it has me Confused. Oh, it all started after my last instalation +/- 3 weeks ago (fresh instal in a new HD)

One other fact... XP Pro SP1 (hate SP2, but I think I might have to install it anyway... arghhh)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:15:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Check your computer for a virus. There was a virus (Pinri or Pinfi or something) that one of the people here at work had that was doing something like that with Work and with WordPerfect (yes, they STILL use Corel here!). Serious...check it out.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:26:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

SP2 = Goodness....

Anyways, I personally notice much more problems doing a Cut-n-Paste when I use keyboard commands then when I do it via right click, or a drop down menu.
PRpaTi
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:28:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks guys... I've done scans with various AV's but nothing has been detected so far... and it happens when I both use the right click method and the keyboard buttons (I didn't mean ctrl-x, ctrl-v, my keyboard has specific buttons for cut/copy/paste, although the commands don't work either)...

I'll run another scan to check that out...

The only thing I like about SP2 is the pop-up blocker... but what's up with having a program TELLING you to install an antivirus everytime you boot up the system? I don't know... I may have a problem with autority, specially when it comes from a stupid little program from M$ Razz
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:37:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing You can tell it not to monitor your AV.
PRpaTi
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:39:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, I know... I discovered it later when I started to play with it... but it had gotten me pissed already Censored... besides... it only accepts certain AV's as acceptable... at least it didn't recognize the V-com that I had installed @ the moment...
PRpaTi
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 02:29:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Think I figured it out... it was a crappy freeware screenie tool I downloaded (SWBCapture). If you know of one that's good let me know... thanks to the ones that tried to help Smile
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 11:49:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

For screen captures? Too be honest, I use CTRL- Print Screen.... Laughing

However at work they use SnagIt. It's not free thought, but it's supposed to be really good.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 11:59:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

At home I use something I bought a long time ago, but at work I use a free download that is pretty good...

http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter_free.htm
PRpaTi
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 13:49:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I normally used the PrtScr also, but this specific page I'm taking screenies off apparently doesn't want me to do so Wink

SnagIt=trial Sad... although it must be a pretty complete package, cause it's 10 MB... thanks though...

ScreenHunter is perfect... does everything that I needed... thanks for the sugestion BB! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: