Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Water Cooling?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AzNxBoy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 01:09:13    Post Subject: Water Cooling? Reply with quote View Single Post

Does anyone have water cooling installed on thier comps? I was just wondering.....I am thinking about it cuz my fans are soooo loud!! Bang Head but it only annoys me when iam trying to sleep and it turns my room super hot when I shut the door haha Crazy
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

ldonyo
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:09:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have watercooled in the past and it is much quieter, but I don't think you'll have any less heat being dissipated. You might look into getting a fan speed controller so you can turn the fans' RPMs down at night while you're sleeping.
ratfink
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:26:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The problem with W/C is that it is expensive, parts wear out, and above all UNRELIABLE. If you're anything like me, you can't afford to have to be performing basic maintainance on a W/C rig every couple of weeks just to make sure it won't leak on your expensive graphics card (happened to a frien of mine, killed his GF4ti4600!) and leave you unable to complete university assignments for days on end...

I have a decent contolled air cooling rig, and in truth it only set me back at most £50 inc. heatsink! I'm looking into sound deadening to make a silent solotion. Will post up my findings.
theavenger
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:02:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Look into pre-installed watercooled cases. They're a bit more, but a good first-time idea.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 15:04:39    Post Subject: Re: Water Cooling? Reply with quote View Single Post

AzNxBoy wrote:
Does anyone have water cooling installed on thier comps? I was just wondering.....I am thinking about it cuz my fans are soooo loud!! Bang Head but it only annoys me when iam trying to sleep and it turns my room super hot when I shut the door haha Crazy

Watercooling my P4 For about a year now. Quiet was my main goal (and I got it)
Water cooling will not remove heat from the room unless the rad, is outside the room, you would actual have slightly more heat to deal with (your adding the pump heat). You could turn off your computer while you sleep and eleminate both the heat and noise problem
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 02:14:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm WAY too scared to try it.

A letter to a soldier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: