Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
AC Ryan RyanPower2 550W PSU
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:04:36    Post Subject: AC Ryan RyanPower2 550W PSU Reply with quote View Single Post

This is my first modular designed power supply and I will now have a hard time going back to a power supply that has cables permanently attached. The AC Ryan Ryanpower2 550 Watt power supply is an extremely well built, tightly regulated, and nice looking device with plenty of futureproof features. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:00:19; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

johan.67
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:37:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Spike, thank you for reviewing the Ryanpower 550 psu, and congratulations too, because I think you are the first on the net to do so. But could you also give us your impression, on how much noise this Ryanpower produced, compared for example with the Seasonic S12 500 or the Enermax Noisetaker 475, previously reviewed on BigBruin. Is it as quiet as those, or much louder?
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:57:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The Ryanpower2 is no more noisy than my 600 watt Noisetaker. Come to think about it, I don't think I have ever heard it!!!

I am still impressed with this PSU, its been in use since the review cam out and its still good to go.
JimBowy

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:14:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

its almost time we start using a device to measure the loudness of psus
johan.67
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:12:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Spire wrote:
The Ryanpower2 is no more noisy than my 600 watt Noisetaker. Come to think about it, I don't think I have ever heard it!!!

In that case, this psu could be the perfect one for me : powerful, modular, stable, silent and not to expensive. The only unknown factor of course is the reliability of this psu, as Acryan is fairly new to the market.

PS : about the short/ backward hard drive cable, could it be this "drive" cable is more suited for optical drives (CD/DVD) then for HDD's (sata-based in future anyhow), thus explaining the relative shortness of it.

Last edited by johan.67 on Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:46:04; edited 1 time in total
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:17:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

JimBowy wrote:
its almost time we start using a device to measure the loudness of psus

I have access to sound meters, anyone else? Maybe I will start on any component that makes noise... Thumbs Up
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:32:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've thought about that myself, but the only sound meters I could find started around 32dba At least any sound meters that were under $300

Going to look some more and see if I can find some reasonably priced ones.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

johan.67
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:28:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Read this at their website http://www.acryan.com/index.shtml :

" The Ryanpower2 is a moddable power supply. Not only you can change the cables but also the fans inside the power supply with ease. Other power supplies use 2-pin fan connectors inside their power supply; that means no easy fan changing! AC Ryan thinks of 3-PIN FAN CONNECTORS inside the power supply to make your life easier when it comes down to changing a PSU fan. "

Did you notice this Spire, when you took a look inside ? This seems like an nice bonus, if one is modding for silence and/or light effects, provided that these 3-pin connectors are easy to access.

By the way, does anyone find the inside of this Ryanpower2 to look familiar with any other type/brand of psu ?
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:39:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes, the Ryanpower has 3 pin fan connectors, but the speed sense line (yellow wire) will not do you any good. The advantage they talk about is the fact that you can unplug the existing fans and put three wire style fans in and just plug them in.

It confuses me however because they state this on their website, but yet there is a warranty void sticker on the side of this thing!!!

Here is a pic of the two fan connectors:
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:23:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

some nice gunk growing in there

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Power All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: