Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
128MB XGI Volari V3XT AGP Card
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:45:55    Post Subject: 128MB XGI Volari V3XT AGP Card Reply with quote View Single Post

If you are looking for a budget solution for multimedia or home theater applications, the XGI Volari V3XT is an excellent option. The processor runs cool enough to only need passive cooling, and the silence is ideal for an HTPC situation where even the faintest hum of fans may interfere with video or music playback. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:32:50; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

polatouche
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:27:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

cool review!

But why does the "Special thanks XGI" point to http://www.bigbruin.com/click/click.php?action=go&to=corsair
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:34:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Cause BB is smooooooth... HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:45:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

DOH! Fixed now, thanks for the heads up!
razorbacks
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:21:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Where can I get this card???? I checked Chaintech's website and it was not helpful at all. Where did you get your sample?
This looks like the perfect card for my HTPC setup I've been working on, but cannot find this card anywhere in the US so far.

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:26:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Razor, and welcome.

You can pick up one of these cards at NewEgg.com
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:56:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi razorbacks, welcome. That one is the V3 that Cheeze linked to (V3XT is a model up from it in specs.). Like I said, finding one is one of the "Cons". The V3XT is hard to come by in the US, except maybe on eBay. XGI hopes to ramp up their US distribution, and I hope they do too.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:04:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

DOH!! Ignore the cheeze.....
razorbacks
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:31:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea--I've seen the non-XT version at the -egg...
The component output is exactly what I need. Have not made the jump to HDMI television yet and I have one set of component inputs free currently.

BigBruin--Can you go into any more detail on the TV output for this card?
You would not be able to "cut me a deal" could you...?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:04:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am definitely keeping this one! Well, for now... Wink Great card for what I want, too.

I am on the verge of getting a new tv, and hope to have component, DVI, and/or HDMi on it and will do an update.

Not sure I am supposed to say who or when, but XGI answered me that two US distributors are being signed for these cards right now! I will post an update when I make sure they are cool with it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Video All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: