Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
So sad...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:04:46    Post Subject: So sad... Reply with quote View Single Post

I rarely cry about stuff, but damn if this isn't doing it.

I called my mom this morning to ask her about sending me something I left there (so I could give it to someone) and during the conversation she mentioned going to their friend's house to bring them some food and check on them. I almost didn't want to, but I asked how they were doing.

I already knew that the oldest boy had a brain tumor, but I didn't really know anything else until this morning. I guess everything just sort of hit him at once about six weeks ago and he's been rapidly declining since. Mom said that he can barely talk (he read out loud better than I can when I was at their house before this all happened) and that my dad thinks he can't really understand what you say to him anymore. They're taking him to the hospital to get a feeding tube because he can barely swallow. I asked mom if there was anything they could do and she said no, the tumor is pretty much one with his brain stem and there's no way to cure it.

So in a few weeks or months, a seven year old boy (that's having his eigth birthday this month) is going to die leaving a younger brother and sister and two parents behind. I only met these people once, but I know they love their kids very much and this will probably shatter them.

I can't imagine what it's like to lose anyone, especially your seven year old son, this way....

Anyway, I was trying to think of some way to help them out and maybe this will do some good:

The dad is not going to work for the next few months so he can be with the kid and my parents and some of these people's friends have been giving them some money so I was thinking maybe we can all send them a little bit o' cash to help out.

What do you say guys? Whether you do or not, please pray for them.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:19:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think I could certainly spare a little cash to help out in a situation like that. There are also other programs for them to look into where they can get assistance to help with bills ect while they are caring for there terminal son. Regradless they will definately be in my prayers. NONE should ever have to lose a child, its the hardest thing in the world. My heart goes out to them.

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:02:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

He died in the hospital last night...
Evil_spork
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:09:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sad my condolences. so sad to see good people taken away like that.
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:04:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That really REALLY sucks!!
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:07:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That is so tragic.. my prayers go out to them Sad

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:38:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well, I just called mom and dad to tell them about something, and I talked to mom about them again. I guess they're broke. The dad can't work because of this and he has his own business doing remodeling and construction stuff so he doesn't have any paid days off or anything.

I'm going to link a couple forums to this thread and see if I can raise a little money. Come on guys, $5, $10, $20, it doesn't matter.

E-mail whoa.dude@gmail.com if you don't/can't PM me.

Last edited by Dud3! on Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:16:21; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:56:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm going to see about paypal tonight or tomorrow FYI.
Nookie420
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:07:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

man that mega sucks
Asus Maximus V Formula | i5 3570k @ 4.7Ghz | 2 x EVGA GTX 680 Classified | | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance | XSPC Raystorm RX 360 Extreme D5 custom loop | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB | WD 2 TB Black | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 800D | Windows 8.1 Pro
[COLOR="#0000FF"]Backup rig[/COLOR]
EVGA 780i SLI | Q9550 @ 3.54 Ghz | EVGA GTX 580 Classified | 4 GB Dominator | Corsiar H100 | OCZ Vertex 4 120 GB | WD 500 GB Black | Antec TQP 1000 | Lian-Li PCA10B | Windows 8.1 Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: