Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Wise Tech Flash Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:37:50    Post Subject: Wise Tech Flash Cables Reply with quote View Single Post

Today, USB is the most widely used cable for external devices. Unfortunately in today’s market of computer mods, cables are usually ignored. Wise Tech has announced some new cables that hope to change that. The cables I am talking about are the Data Flash Cable Pro and the Full Activity Flash Cable... available for USB 1.1 and 2.0, Firewire, and PS/2 connectors in a variety of colors. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:18:57; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:09:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

A little update on the cables. After reformatting my main computer, I needed to use these cables to erase some flash media cards using a portable media reader. When I opened the media card to see what was on it, the cables started to flash! It was absolutely amazing! The red cable, the Full Actiivity, that has the EL cable through the entire length of the cable, barely flashes, so it's hard to tell it's flashing. The blue cable, that only flashes on the ends, REALLY flashes, and you can easily tell data is transmitting.

Don't know why they didn't work before, but are now working. Whatever the case, I'm glad it's working.

I'd change the rating of them from a 4 out of 5, to being 5 out of 5.

They are absolutely beautiful when they are flashing!
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:38:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I wonder if it has anything to do with the data transmission rate?

The slower (possibly USB 1.1) card reader flashed wildly but the other (possibly USB 2.0) device was flashing so fast you couldn't tell it was flashing???
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:27:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Possibly at least for the red cable. I did try the Archos AV320 to transfer the data then and it is USB 2.

But the way the blue one flashed, I should've been able to see. Will have to bring home the Archose tomorrow and try it out Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: