Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
carputer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 22:06:09    Post Subject: carputer Reply with quote View Single Post

do I really need one? Once I finish my next review I will have all I need for a pretty kick a$$ one... the M10000 mini-itx system with laptop 24x cdrom, 10GB laptop drive, and 512MB ddr... and the review item... a 7" TFT LCD TOUCHSCREEN monitor with vga capable of a sharp 800x480.

I guess once I got a dc power supply for it, all I would want is a way to tie the audio into the Jeep's speakers. Anyone got any ideas on that?

How about pc based navigation software? or maybe software like the HTPC interfaces use, but tailored to cars?

I may have some blue tooth USB equipment coming too, which would make data transfer out to the car a snap...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Vertekal
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:50:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Assuming your Jeep has a radio, all you need is an FM modulator. You output the sound from the carputer into the modulator, and it transmits to the radio at like 88.6 FM or whatever station you set it to.

Or if you have an aftermarket head unit, see if it has line input (mine does!).

As far as Nav goes, just get a USB GPS and use something like Microsoft Streets & Trips 2004.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:58:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am so set to do this, except for how to mount the monitor! not much room to work with in the center console / dash area for this Lilliput!

I have a fm modulator on my 12 disc changer... you think putting two in series would make a problem?
Vertekal
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:01:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hard for me to say how to mount it .. do you have a pic of what the inside of your ride looks like? especially the center dash area?
fatbastard
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:20:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I would look for a Jeep forum site, they are usually full of good ideas and know how. I got all the info for the Audi that way.
vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:15:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you have a cassette unit, there as adaptors that let you use the 3.5mm out of the 'puter to cassette, which is what we use in our landy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: