Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Linux Hardware Monitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:05:49    Post Subject: Linux Hardware Monitor Reply with quote View Single Post

I want to find somehting like mbm5 for Linux. I was having so much trouble with WinXP on my XP2800+ machine that I dumped it for Mandrake 10.

Installed all my drivers, gor Folding running, now I want to see my temps.

Anyone know a good one?

Thanks!

Bad Air
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:20:31    Post Subject: The quick, easy way... Reply with quote View Single Post

You need to find an rpm for your distro that is called lm_sensors, it might even be on the mandrake disk.
EDIT: Found...http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/15/pakman/3697/com/Blindauer%20Emmanuel%20%3Cmanu_agat_net%3E.html Grab every thing related to lm_sensors, and install.

Install that, then, as ROOT, run
/usr/sbin/sensors-detect, it will ask you a few questions, and detect your hardware, and will want to write a config file when it's done, let it.

Now you need start the lm-sensors daemon, on my system it's like this:

/etc/init.d/lm_sensors start Yours could be a little different, just poke around a little, and you should be able to find it.

If it starts without errors, your good.

Next, your going to want to add this daemon to your default run level, so that it gets started when you boot. I'm sure that Mandrake has some kind of nice GUI to handle the system daemons.

Ok, all the back end stuff is done, now to pick a front end.

http://web.wt.net/~billw/gkrellm/gkrellm.html GKRELLM More information than you probably ever need, this thing does it all.

http://ksensors.sourceforge.net/ KSENSORS Haven't tried this one yet, but it looks cool, and would fit in good if you are using KDE.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:39:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks... I got through most of it with no errors... need to try again on the GKRELLM bit.

But, with LCD temp sensors anyway, I am not too concerned right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: