Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Rev. 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 17:05:26    Post Subject: Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer Rev. 2 Reply with quote View Single Post

Any product with Silencer in its name must be able to do things quietly. The Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer is no slacker when it comes to keeping a video card cool, but can it do it without waking the neighbors? The answer is a resounding yes. Even in High-speed mode, I could barely hear the wide bladed, blue fan turning over the noise of just one 80mm case fan. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Mon, 01 May 2006 22:51:11; edited 4 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

singlepost
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:19:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have to say that disagree with your Cons for this product, but I do agree with you on every other point.

I don't have a windowed case so I don't care about LEDs. I have a 9800PRO overclocked to an XT; and the cooler does not over hang the card.

One problem I did have was getting the graphics card back in the case after the Cooler was fitted. It turns out that Northbridge HSF on my Abit IS-7 motherboard blocks the plastic back bracket for the Cooler. Luckily it is plastic and a session with a file takes care of the problem.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:33:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I know lots of folks that would tend to agree with you on the LED, but also a huge number that would love to see a blue LED added.

Good information on the clip in back. Was not a problem in my particular application, however I could see that being a giant issue.
fleadhfan
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:34:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice review and nice product. But what Jab-Tech $13.95 price? I clicked over ready to purchase, only to find it instead listed at $17.95. Still not bad, but I wonder what happened to the price you cited. It was too good to be true, I guess.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:17:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Actually I noticed that Jab Tech had the REV 3 VGA Coolers for 17.95.

When the review was written, the REV 2 coolers were indeed $13.95.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:50:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can vouch for the fact that Rev 2.0 was $13.95 as of Monday.... But, I have a secret to pass on to those interested in the Rev 3.0 currently listed at $17.95!! Ready? Ready? Laughing

Buy a Rev 3.0 VGA Silencer and enter coupon code rev3goodness at check out to get $5 off... $12.95 final price!! Nice... Thanks Jab-Tech!
fleadhfan
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:37:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok Bruin, I'm very impressed! Just that quick with an offer to get the newest version at an incredible price. I've just placed my order. Thanks much.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:39:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

All a coincidence really, but Jab-tech apparently just got the Rev 3.0 in and sent an e-mail tonight with this promotion!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cooling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: