Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
CES 2013 - Day 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:21:55    Post Subject: CES 2013 - Day 3 Reply with quote View Single Post

Mostly in the North Hall today, TONS of Mobile accessories ranging mostly from iPhone and iPad to Samsung S3 and Note 2. Seems everybody is going to be releasing those portable chargers, largest one I saw was up to 12K, which they said would give the iPad 95% charge, or cell phones 5 or 6 full charges. Big thing is going to be speed of charging, fastest for cell phone was around 30 minutes, which I found hard to believe, and recharge the device in 1.5 hours.

Monoprice
I did run into Monoprice.com, I've bought MANY TV mounts from them. CUrrently have one supporting my 55" LG 3D TV in the living room, plus one in bedroom, computer screen extenstionable one, and one in the basement. Plus many cables from them. What I failed to realize is they have so many different items under their Monoprice name. Such as Guitars, Routers, Keyboards (Mechanical gaming), Mice, and of course mobile accessories.

Buffalo Technology
They are updating their NAS devices and will have Buffalo Link. This is a system that acts as a middle man for remote access, Home NAS to Buffalo Link Server to Internet. The Buffalo Link Server is only just a pointing service which is free. They know your device but that's it. You connect via SSL/HTTPS and can access the data that's at home from anywhere. If you happen to be on the same network, they acknowledge it and set it up as a direct connection. Eventually they plan to have their routers connectable through this, so you can adjust settings remotely without needing to go through your firewall.

Drive Station is going to have 1GB DDR3 cache. There is no predictive software necessary like the hybrid drives, but yet you get much faster response due to the large amount of cache that is available.

AC Routers are going to have dual core CPU, this allows better traffic handling, and data connection from the USB 3 ports on the back. QOS, Parental Control, and easy access to seeing who's on the network is of course being implemented as well. You will also be able to access the router over your phone and make remote adjustments.

Lastly, Thunderbolt drives. 1 SSD and 2SSD externals in Raid configuration. Looks sleek and fast, made mainly for MAC, but has USB 3 connectivity as well.

RocStor
New 2 and 4 drive NAS up to 16TB, with USB 3. Thunderbolt edition coming soon.

Many encrypted devices, some using 3 phase authentication with a usb type key dongle, and password.

Amphibious line has one with a Smart Card reader, and for select customers they have a model with HID badge access built in, 2 cards in one for access, then using numeric keypad to unlock drive. FIPS 2 certified.

In Win
New cases, a new Aluminum tube frame one being released in April timeframe, for $399, it's very open air and side panels are tempered glass. It looks great, but not really for home use, I can see bike enthusiasts loving this one, and would look great in a bike customization shop.

Of course they had power supplies on display, nothing too dramatic here.

Great Starcraft II gameplay, survive 20 minute against their champion and win a prize. I don't know Starcraft II well enough to try LOL

So far my migraine is down to a 3 or 4, so it's not terrible. Hopefully it doesn't spike again, didn't bring my good painkillers with me, but then those just knock me out. Hopefully get over to Venetian to walk around the floor there and see some sights...

Oh, Tigerdirect is getting rid of their other names, and only going to use TigerDirect now. Their event last night had a great performance by Recycled Percussion, who is from America's Got Talent, and is opening a show on the the Strip soon. VERY VERY loud and killed my head. Had to leave just before the race started Sad Hate getting migraines, especially when they last a couple of days like this one has.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:42:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Did Monoprice have their new 27" IPS monitor on hand? Looks like it might be popular when available in March... Under $400 for 2560x14440 from a US based seller!
JimBowy

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 13:39:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

once again - thanks for the updates!
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 14:47:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Going back to monoprice, their pr guy wasnt there when i walked by yesterday.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 18:24:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Oh yea, i ran i to a friend of yours from ASE Publishing, Aron Schatz. He says hi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: