Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
CES 2013 - Day 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 03:30:16    Post Subject: CES 2013 - Day 2 Reply with quote View Single Post

Today was pretty busy with press presentations from all kinds of companies. Mostly though, I visited Thermaltake, AMD and Digital Experience event.

Thermaltake
Lots of new stuff was shown very hard to cover it all in a short post, a big focus on giving the user choices of colors for many products. New coolers, their NIC line, designed to have no interference with RAM heatsinks, even the tall ones. Four models, ranging from 160W cooling, all the way up to 230W.

Chaser line of cases is getting expanded with many new models, all with USB 3.0; some even with four USB 3.0 ports. They will have an adapter to convert the internal USB 3.0 connector to USB 2.0 for legacy boards. A new Blue case is going to be offered, so Black, White and Blue.

Urban case line, is a new line with sleek rounded corners, ranging from Mid tower to full tower. Three models here S31, S41 and S71. New design on the front fan filter allows very easy cleaning, it flips down so you don't have to remove the front bezel. Top model priced at $139, low end $89

Level 10 Mouse has two new colors, Pink and Yellow.

New Dracco headphone, the Captain, has integrated mic. Those that have previous Dracco headphones, a new cable is available with an inline mic.

New Portable power packs to charge devices; Luxa2 line has an 11K mAh devices should charge devices many times before needing recharged.

Finally, Thermaltake is releasing a cross console/platform headphone! Usable on 360, PS3 and PC. Plus you can have it connected to two of them at one time, and switch back and forth with a flick of a switch.

Kingston
Kingston was of course showing off their 1TB Predator USB 3.0 flash drive, the 512Gb version is available now for $1,750! No price on the 1TB version....$2,500? $3,000?

They are also beta testing a new Wi-Drive, a wireless card and usb reader. I have received one to take a look at, so expect to see more on that soon.

Logitech
Was showing off new bluetooth speakers and a pair of headphones. These headphones are both wireless and wired; you can use them via Bluetooth or through a removable cable.

The G710+ is a mechanical gaming keyboard that doesn't have the typical click-clack sound of most mechanical keyboards.

ooVoo
Never heard of ooVoo before tonight, they're like Skype but based in the cloud, vs peer to peer. You can video chat up to 12 people at a time, and on mobile devices you can see up to 4 at a time!

Trendnet, Linksys, D-Link, Amp Wireless, WD
All were showing off new AC routers and usb AC receivers. Linksys has the smallest about the size of a small paperclip.

Again, so much more to see than I can cover here, I have lots of pictures, just have to find a place to host them Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 10:27:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Did you go to the party that had the Crystal Method and Far East Movement performing?
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 11:53:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not last night, had to skip Kingston's event had a migraine yesterday and was all I could to type that up last night. Not so bad today so hopefully it doesn't kick up into high gear again today Sad
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:31:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

See - you're doing it wrong. Less typing, more partying! Evil Banana
JimBowy

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 08:25:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:

This coming from the guy that isn't supposed to drink anymore... Laughing

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 09:08:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

JimBowy wrote:
Jason wrote:

See - the research you helped me conduct back in - what was it 2009 - proved that didn't matter! I drank way too much for even a healthy person at that CES - then went to the doctor the following week and put up my best health numbers. Laughing Plus - I was cleared for action last year.

Back on to CES - Do I dare ask if Hellfire was at the party where LL Cool J performed last night? Yikes
JimBowy

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 10:53:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
JimBowy wrote:
Jason wrote:

See - the research you helped me conduct back in - what was it 2009 - proved that didn't matter! I drank way too much for even a healthy person at that CES - then went to the doctor the following week and put up my best health numbers. Laughing Plus - I was cleared for action last year.

Noted & very cool. Now my issue is I cannot drink beer, but liquor is still on the table! Bang Head

Jason wrote:
Back on to CES - Do I dare ask if Hellfire was at the party where LL Cool J performed last night? Yikes

Better question - did he arrange for one of the flicker-card girls to pay him a special visit??!? Evil Banana Asshat

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:03:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No, no parties last night either. No update either if you didn't notice. After the TigerDirect event, my head was killing me and vision was starting to get blurry so I had to get back to the room before I started to get sick.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:43:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I rarely ever get migraines - so I blame you that I have had some doozies on 3 of the last 4 days.

Maybe it's a conspiracy? Who would be out to get us?
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 14:49:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sadly i get 2 - 3 migraines a month can usually handle them or sleep them off at home but not here. Plus didnt bring pain meds which knocks me out. Not too bad right now bit who knows in a few hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: