Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Cable TV ..........NOT!
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:55:28    Post Subject: Cable TV ..........NOT! Reply with quote View Single Post

I just made the jump. I took both HD cable TV boxes back to the cable company today. We are officially without Cable or Satellite TV. However I did increase our Internet bandwidth to 20/2 MB up/down and purchased a second Roku box. It remains to be seen whether we can stay within our 200GB/Month cap but I think we'll be fine since with one roku box we've never broke 80GB/month.

Kids and wife haven't rioted yet but it's only been one day so time will tell. Anyone mind if I come over on Sunday? I'll bring beer Grin

I didn't really want to give them up, but with two kids on comp/travel hockey teams and a kid starting college, every $ counts. Plus if I git rid of cable, maybe my oldest will move out. Wink

Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:24:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Congrats! One of the kids has been grounded so cable has been disconnected for about 3 weeks at my house. I SO want to get rid of it. Anything we watch I can find online really soon after it airs, so I might push for that Smile
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:50:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You could always subscribe to the NFL online - but I have no idea how much they charge for that.

And if you're feeling shady you can always try some of the less-than-legal free streaming sites. There is one I might have turned to on occasion when I couldn't see certain Bruins games last year. Wink
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:21:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

See if one of your buddies has DirectTV and offer to pay for his Sunday Ticket on the Go (I think like $10 a month) that way you could watch it online.
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:06:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If I could get DIY, TLC, Science and History channel online I would dump cable, but they're the only thing I watch
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:47:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
See if one of your buddies has DirectTV and offer to pay for his Sunday Ticket on the Go (I think like $10 a month) that way you could watch it online.

I've got a friend who has NFL Sunday Ticket, I'm probably just going to visit him for the big games. Truth is I'm working for half the season anyway so I really only get to watch about 8 of the 16 games and half the playoffs.

So far it hasn't really been an issue, but it's only been a couple days, I'm waiting to see just what kind of damage it's doing to my 200GB/month cap. stats are a couple days behind so I won't really know for another 4 or 5 days.

*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:02:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sucks have that limit, see if they have a "business" package that doesn't. It's what I have, and I have 0 limits plus I can run servers and got static IP's.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

JimBowy

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 18:20:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Anybody know how the NHL package through NHL.com works? I would miss my hockey games if I got rid of cable...
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 21:33:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If your team isn't local it wouldn't get blacked out....I wish I could, but I live in the NY area and Devils are on MSG here on cable, so it's blacked out on Gamecenter.
skarydrunkguy
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 22:09:55    Post Subject: Re: Cable TV ..........NOT! Reply with quote View Single Post

do what I did and hook up a Slingbox in a spare bedroom at a "friends" house with awesome cable and all the premium channels. they'll never notice Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: