Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Intel Core ix
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 11:02:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

oh i will have pictures, do not worry. these questions will also contain questions. Smile
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 09:37:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here are a few quick pictures.

Soo Big

Question One
What is the AC '97 for?

Question Two
The cpu cooler has 2 fans, but as you can see only one will fit with the ram. Should I pick up another cpu cooler or will this be fine. While we are talking about the fans. Should that fan push air over the cpu or pull? Since the fan behind it is removing air from the case, wanted to make sure this is correct.

Clean Wires
Clean wires.
As pointed out in this review, the wire management is great.

As you can see i have room for improvement and more trips to the store, Smile for additions. Suggestions?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 10:21:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice!

One fan should be just fine on the CPU... If it only fits that way, I would have it drawing air through the cooler towards the exhaust fan on the case so the flows work together.

I think for your memory you want to use either both black slots or both blue slots with two sticks of memory. That enables dual channel mode. So - if you can use both blue slots, do you have room for the fan on the other side of the cooler? Installed over there, pushing through the cooler would be best with just one fan... Or maybe you could get both on.
frankieB
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 11:55:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok, i will move the ram and see if that will give me enough room. but also since i have the slots i might look to put in some more ram shortly.

regarding the 97 plug, do you know what that is for?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 12:10:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

AC 97 is just a different (older) audio format that you might find on some boards. I think all new ones would be HD Audio, but most cases give you connections for both. Just ignore those. Sometimes AC 97 is at the end of the wire, and I'll snip them off for wire management purposes, but it looks like HD Audio is at the end for you... Right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: