Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
First Overclock Ever
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 08 May 2009 04:00:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Oh, he will. If smoke and strange odor suddenly exit from his case Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

nolonger
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 08 May 2009 16:24:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here you go. I'll try reducing my ram timings to 3/3/3/7 since the table said I should be able to.

And yea, haha, I've seen that happen, not fun.

Story: (in case anyone wants to read)
It was a pretty warm day (32 celsius inside) and I was just doing my regular session of gaming. PC on for roughly 4 hours, 100% stressed. I suddenly get a BSOD and wonder what the hell is going on. I turn the computer back on and continue gaming, ignoring the smell of burning silicon. After another BSOD and a sudden power off, I turned the computer on, but nothing appeared on the screen! I then decide to open up my case to find a turned off GPU fan. There was so much cat fur around the blades of the fan the motor just couldn't move! That taught me to clean my PC periodically! Laughing I had to get a replacement for my 6800XT, which is now my 6600 (yes, I know, crappy).
mynameisthis
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 20:37:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a pretty beast CPU cooler that someone gave me. Can't bring myself to try and overclock though. I've read guides, tried it once and had to reinstall my BIOS. No harm done but I don't trust myself.

What do u guys think, should I stay at 2.8 gHz?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: