Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
NetFlix on the Wii
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:06:22    Post Subject: NetFlix on the Wii Reply with quote View Single Post

Anyone else have it?

I got the disk last week and signed up last night after an email offered a discount on next month's bill.

Anyway - the biggest downside is that you need a disk to be in the Wii to watch movies. It would be great if it could be stored onboard like a channel, or even on an SD card. NetFlix mails you the disk - but you obviously don't have to return this one.

I watched a couple things on a 32" HDTV - and the quality varied. One movie - Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist looked a little blurry - like SD TV on an HD TV. Then I watched an episode of Survivorman - and it looked pretty good. Still no HD obviously, but it was definitely good quality. Only issue is that once during the show it paused to buffer for about 6 seconds.

I was connected via WiFi, so maybe a hardwired connection would eliminate buffering, and perhaps allow better video quality overall.

The navigation was pretty good, too. Mostly just clicking menus and categories, but considering your using the Wiimote it is just fine.

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:38:14; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:32:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just got the disk yesterday. Haven't tried it yet though.
TomatoSlayer
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:33:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just received the disk today. Looking forward to trying this out.
Bash
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:56:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I cant see how it'd be any good. No HD on wii :|
pZn
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 00:53:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I wish I hadn't any bandwidth limit :s
njdutchman
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 02:18:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I didn't need the disk and we are currently streaming right online.

Only down side at the moment is the video is only 480p. I even switched cables stand to Componet Cables and doesn't look any much different. Don't go nuts trying to get it any better.
sd4
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 02:29:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

now, if only they could improve the movie section… Don’t need a disc for that
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: