Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: NetFlix on the Wii 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:06:22    Post Subject: NetFlix on the Wii Reply with quote

Anyone else have it?

I got the disk last week and signed up last night after an email offered a discount on next month's bill.

Anyway - the biggest downside is that you need a disk to be in the Wii to watch movies. It would be great if it could be stored onboard like a channel, or even on an SD card. NetFlix mails you the disk - but you obviously don't have to return this one.

I watched a couple things on a 32" HDTV - and the quality varied. One movie - Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist looked a little blurry - like SD TV on an HD TV. Then I watched an episode of Survivorman - and it looked pretty good. Still no HD obviously, but it was definitely good quality. Only issue is that once during the show it paused to buffer for about 6 seconds.

I was connected via WiFi, so maybe a hardwired connection would eliminate buffering, and perhaps allow better video quality overall.

The navigation was pretty good, too. Mostly just clicking menus and categories, but considering your using the Wiimote it is just fine.

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:38:14; edited 1 time in total

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved