Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Sunbeamtech Silent Storm ATX Case
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:18:12    Post Subject: Sunbeamtech Silent Storm ATX Case Reply with quote View Single Post

If you are looking for a case that is not meant to be seen or heard, the Sunbeamtech Silent Storm is a great option! It has a very plain look to it, but has the added benefit of being silent, while keeping your gear cool. The extra fan bracket will give you an extra 120mm fan inside your case to help improve airflow and your case temperatures, without increasing the noise level. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 02 May 2006 16:43:26; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

VulturEMaN
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 00:27:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Although the outer shell is much different, I could recognize those internal appearances anywhere. It's the same base design (well, pretty similar atleast) as my MGE Quantum. They just added another 5 1/2 bay and took out the extra space on either side of the floppy bays. Same maximum of 3 hdd rack, same space between hdd rack and front, and same screwless design. But hey, this isn't a rant....it's a good design Razz If they would have kept with the similar design to mine, it would have had a top airvent, but I like the core fan that they added....reminds me of my old dell that had something very similar.

If you buy this case, I would definently recommend 2 things:
1. Put a second fan on the other side of the hdd cage pushing the air into the body of the case. One fan is sometimes enough, but the RPMs on my front fan went down 100 when i added the 2nd fan, and the hdd temps went down 2C with barely any noise increase. It can be ghetto-mounted through the screw holes on the fan with twisty ties or cable ties(preferably UV ones) Razz But hey, it works fine...
2. Because this case doesn't have a vent up top, i'd get a PSU that has a single 120mm fan blowing the air out. Makes the case ALOT cooler compared to 2-3 80mm ones.

Nice review btw. Grin
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:23:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks, appreciate the comments.

The design/layout of the internal components is very similiar to many cases. I suppose it's one of those things, where if it's not broken why fix it.

I would agree to add the second 120mm fan on the core fan. Any additional air movement you can get is always good, especially to help lower temps.

I've always liked cases with top air vents. We all know that hot air rises, so that makes total sense to me.
dvlk80
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:48:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i read the CPU magazines ( june 06) , their review shows that this case is pretty good cool & good price (around $65)
Rig 1: AMD 64 X2 3800+ @ 2.55Ghz w/ Swiftech Water Cool | Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe/XP Pro SP2 | Enermax EG701AX 600W Power Supply | 2 X BFG GeForce 7900GTX PCI-e @ 690/1750 (both Water Cool by Swiftech) | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Klipsch THX 5.1 Speakers | 2 X 1024MB Corsair DDR PC3500LL PRO @ 550Mhz | WD Raptor 150 GB and Seagate SATA 300 GB | DVD-RW PX-760A X 2 | Thermaltake Armor Black Case
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: