Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Service Pack 2 Error
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timberwolfblues
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:33:03    Post Subject: Service Pack 2 Error Reply with quote View Single Post

OK. I have been installing some XP Home updates for a customer and I didn't notice any problems until SP 2 threw me this error message: "Microsoft Service Pack 2 Error: Unable to read from or write to the database." Upon hooking the hard drive up to the antivirus machine I removed 84 of 90 viruses that Symantec Antivirus found. Any ideas on what the heck this error message is and how to install the rest of the WinXP Home updates without having to re format the hard drive? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Bang Head Bang Head Mad Mad
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:08:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i f disk and start over -and also run a free anti-virus program called AGN -anything norton i dislike personally .they blot your system .
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:29:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

AVG = best free virus program. And reformat the PC.
thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:51:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Run a repair with an XP sp2 install CD.
timberwolfblues
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:58:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What does that error message actually mean? Out of curiosity?
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:58:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It's most liekly a Cryptographic error.

You can try running this: FIXDB.BAT

You can also check this: You cannot install some updates or programs I've read the method #3 has the most sucess.
timberwolfblues
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:44:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK thanks guys. I went ahead and did a clean install of XP Home on there and everything is hunk-dorey (haven't said that in awhile lol). Thanks for all the help!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: