Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Flashlights?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 00:50:37    Post Subject: Flashlights? Reply with quote View Single Post

Just wondering how many BB.com members are pathological flashlight hoarders?

Over the last week I've managed to acquire 3 new flashlights, an LED replacement bulb for one of my Maglites, 3 dozen rechargeable AA batteries and necessary charger to keep everything running.

Recent lights acquired

Fenix TK40

iTP Polestar A6

Rigel Systems Skylite

I've told myself they are for work, but the reality is that other than the Rigel Systems Skylite, the others are simply because I had an overwhelming urge to purchase them. Worse yet, I've been eying the hand held 35w HID flashlight offerings $$$$.

No matter what hardware store I'm in, I always have to stop at the flashlight section to check out what they have. This behavior is usually accompanied by the inevitable "don't you already have enough flashlights?" from my wife. To which I inevitably answer "You would think so, but no matter how many flashlights I have, there's never one around that works when I need it." Wink

Is it just me or is this a normal guy thing?

I also find that hammers and tape measures fall into a similar category. On second thought, maybe it's not me after all, but the fact that I have kids. Grin

Boo Boo

Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:15:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't even own a flashlight. However flashlights are rather fascinating. I just never use one enough, and everytime I've owned one when I needed it the batteries were dead/corroded inside... I use one that often.
heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:44:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It's a guy thing. My hubby and sons are freaks for them. My hubby was way to excited last week telling me about a flashlight he got for my truck .... great, thanks honey Rolling Eyes
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:21:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've got 3 in my truck because I have a GMC and I know it'll break down again. lol
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:22:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I do have this in the mail.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:59:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:

My grandma gave me one of those small ones for X-mas.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:18:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, I didn't get it for the keychain light. Seems like it would be a little much to fit into my pocket.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:08:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Saw this at CES...really cool, but not for the price...

http://www.mpowertech.com/
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:52:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just got one Maglite. The big one that cops use for cracking skulls. It actually was my wife's. Sadly I only have pocket flashlights...have about 9 of them Smile
Mmmmm... Beer

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:57:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:

Ditto.

Stewie: I was under the impression the name of the show was "Kids Say the Darndest Things," not "Old Black Comedians Never Shut the Hell Up."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: