Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
My Ride To Work Is Now SLOWER...
But Cheaper
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:39:36    Post Subject: My Ride To Work Is Now SLOWER... Reply with quote View Single Post

Went out and picked up one of these powerhouses'; 150cc and a whopping 6 RWHP. But it gets about 110 MPG so I'm happy.... Banana

Boo Boo

heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 17:28:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice Smile I'm still looking for one. I would love a Vespa but don't want to spend the money for one Rolling Eyes Who makes that one?
Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 18:40:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Vespa is an Italian-made scooter; I took a chance on a Chinese-made scoot as the prices aren't so high. Mine is made by United Motors. We'll see how it goes...
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 20:08:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cool.

Can you ride on main roads? How fast does it go? And far do you have to go?

I'd consider something like that, if my commute wasn't all on Rte 80 with some of the worst drivers on the planet.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 20:34:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice new toy F1.

They have those for sale at just about every 5th intersection up here. Bike shops, gas stations, auto garages, used car sales and more are selling them... everywhere..

I'd get one too if I didn't have to carry a measuring wheel & tape, 30ft height stick, mini sledge, stakes, etc.. Sad

Doc,
I think most max out below interstate speeds, or just get to the limit at most.
Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 20:42:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Cool.

Can you ride on main roads? How fast does it go? And far do you have to go?

I'd consider something like that, if my commute wasn't all on Rte 80 with some of the worst drivers on the planet.

Mine tops out at about 60 MPH; it's a death sled on the interstate so I stick to secondary roads where the speed limits are between 45 and 50. I have a 4 mile commute one way so it's fine for me...

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:59:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

In Colorado, registration and licensing for anything over 49cc is the same as a motorcycle so, legally, that's a motorcycle. Of course, if you went to a biker bar and said that, you'd get your a$$ handed to you in several, very small pieces. Having said that, be safe out there!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:51:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
In Colorado, registration and licensing for anything over 49cc is the same as a motorcycle so, legally, that's a motorcycle. Of course, if you went to a biker bar and said that, you'd get your a$$ handed to you in several, very small pieces. Having said that, be safe out there!

Same with FL and PA. 50cc + is motorcycle and requires same legal stuffs.
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 12:05:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

if i didnt have to drive all over for work id be picking one of these up. There was an article in the paper locally about people buying these in metro areas. With parking being about $4000 a month plus gas it gets spendy. If you have one thats under 50cc (i think) you can park them in the bike racks legally so you dont need to pay for parking. Think of the money that would save. Granted I'm in minnesota so its cold 5 months outta the year but just in parking that wold save $28,000 for the other 7 months you could drive it to work. Not including gas in that. Thats huge!!

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:58:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm getting stopped everywhere I go and asked about it; I even have people who don't like bikes considering one because of the gas mileage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: