Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Fought the good fight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:37:58    Post Subject: Fought the good fight. Reply with quote View Single Post

Well I ordered my 2400+ mobile 35W CPU, and a DFI NFII Ultra Infinity along with a gig of Corsair XMS Pro Low latency PC3200, all was good. I used my old heatsink which was/is a Thermalright AX-7 with a Thermaltake UFO fan (UV Blue). The fan annoyed the bejesus outta me, and I wanted something with a lil' more oomph. So I ordered the Thermalright SI-97 and a 92mm Vantec Tornado. So I go to install the giant monster of a HSF. I find that it leaves almost no room for the power connector, because it almost covers the 20-pin connector. If I had a normal PSU it wouldn't be much of a problem, but I have an X-connect and it's plugs are a little bigger than normal. So I fought with that for a bit being very careful because the SI-97 can/does move around even though the retention clip is very tight. So I get that on, I boot it all up expecting my computer to yell at me because I'm already frustrated at the fact that it wasn't a very easy exchange, and it works just fine. Now it's time to do more than a 400Mhz overclock to this babeh.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:22:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just to give you something to shoot for:

With the same MB, CPU, and 2 x 256 XMS (BH-5) and a SLK900U/Vantec Tornado, I was able to hit 240 FSB stable. And I didn't see a significant temperature increase till well into the 230 MHz neghborhood.

I finally got 235 x 11 for 2585 MHz out of my 35 watt 2400+

You have THE king socket A OC setup there!!!
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:45:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'll try it, hail to the King babeh Grin
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:14:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Keep us posted!!!!
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:30:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I hereby give up. Me and overclocking do NOT get along. I got to 210 FSB, worked great still doing 1:1 with the ram, went a couple more higher and nothing. And nothing... Then nothing. Reset the bios, and problems, I burned out ram slot 3, so now I can't run dual channel *sobs*

I dont' really want to RMA, because then I'll alone because my laptop gets to warm ;P
AMD_Junk13
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 02:11:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I would RMA, a overclock does not toast a ram slot that is a weakness in the board and should be replaced.

AMD XP Barton 2500+ @ 2.42Ghz 11/220
Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0
Kingston HyperX PC3200
ATI 9600XT @ 553.5/330.75
Seagate 120GB SATA> Temps: 32-8C
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:32:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

AMD_Junk13 wrote:
I would RMA, a overclock does not toast a ram slot that is a weakness in the board and should be replaced.

That's what I told him and he needs to do it before the 15 days for newegg is up so he won't have to deal with DFI.

Don't worry, I didn't steer you wrong with that combo, you just got a bum board.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: