Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Fought the good fight. 
Shadowsilence
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:37:58    Post Subject: Fought the good fight. Reply with quote

Well I ordered my 2400+ mobile 35W CPU, and a DFI NFII Ultra Infinity along with a gig of Corsair XMS Pro Low latency PC3200, all was good. I used my old heatsink which was/is a Thermalright AX-7 with a Thermaltake UFO fan (UV Blue). The fan annoyed the bejesus outta me, and I wanted something with a lil' more oomph. So I ordered the Thermalright SI-97 and a 92mm Vantec Tornado. So I go to install the giant monster of a HSF. I find that it leaves almost no room for the power connector, because it almost covers the 20-pin connector. If I had a normal PSU it wouldn't be much of a problem, but I have an X-connect and it's plugs are a little bigger than normal. So I fought with that for a bit being very careful because the SI-97 can/does move around even though the retention clip is very tight. So I get that on, I boot it all up expecting my computer to yell at me because I'm already frustrated at the fact that it wasn't a very easy exchange, and it works just fine. Now it's time to do more than a 400Mhz overclock to this babeh.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved