Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
I'm about half way through my new bathroom casemod :D
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:17:32    Post Subject: I'm about half way through my new bathroom casemod :D Reply with quote View Single Post

My house is 26yrs old and things need some updating. We have slowly been moving from room to room and the kids bathroom is next on the list. I didn't get pics with the stuff in it because everything but the tub is going. (Tub and tile was replaced just prior to us buying the house in 2000). Here is a picture of the floor after removing the old tile, and vinyl flooring. I REALLY wish I could meet the builder who decided to glue particle board in as a sub-floor. Mad

The particle board took most of the weekend, an air hammer and belt sander to get out. Here is what I have today. Smile Fresh paint and new cement board for sub-flooring. SmileSmile

We will probably either sell or lease this house out in 2-3yrs, so we are not going to spend much on the bathroom, but when it's done I'll post the finished product. Maybe I'll have to figure out a way to put a computer in there to make it a more relevant post. Grin One of those nice outlet computers in another thread would be cool with a 7" touch screen lcd and speakers in the wall...................................

Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:08:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

d00d!!! I can sooooooo relate... I wish you well, I know how frustrating some home improvement projects can be.

My fiancee'(RIP) and I moved into this house New Years day 2002. With it being built in 1853, and having survived a tornado lifting it 2ft and dropping it in the '70s - it needed work.

I've been working on it for the last 5 years when I had money and time. Pretty much doing it all myself - except for the floor in the livingroom when a friend from FL was up visiting and helped out.

I'm presently clearing out the spare bedroom that Teeny's son had and making an office/PC room out of it. Carpet need pulled up, new floors put put down and new wall panel put up. Then I plan on knocking out the rest of the wall that seperate the present PC room and master bed to make it one big room. We had partitially knock out a 30" wide section to pass between the rooms.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:44:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ACK... we have to remove all the carpet, yes I said carpet, from all our bathrooms. Specially the 1/4 bath on the main floor it smells like pee.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:33:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup, bathroom remodeling is coming VERY soon in my future....I think they did the same thing in my house for the master bathroom (the wife's bathroom).

Particle board for the flooring, covered with carpet...Needless to say she didn't tell me there was an issue until this week when I went to get into the shower and felt the floor give a little...

Immediately thought of rotten wood flooring! ACK!
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:27:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
...Specially the 1/4 bath on the main floor it smells like pee.

YUM! Can I come over and play? Do your kids know where the toilet is or is that where you tell your friends to go when you have parties? I usually tell them to use the utility tub in the basement. I don't want the near my bathroom.

*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:18:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

mrweasel wrote:
Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
...Specially the 1/4 bath on the main floor it smells like pee.

YUM! Can I come over and play? Do your kids know where the toilet is or is that where you tell your friends to go when you have parties? I usually tell them to use the utility tub in the basement. I don't want the near my bathroom.

HAHAHA! It's what happens when the whole life of the house (built in 99) there have been young kids in it (we're the 2nd owners). Their aim is less than stellar.
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:37:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So this is what I have to look forward to?
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:32:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yep,
They will miss the target. Especially at night when they are half asleep. GrinGrinGrin

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:38:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've always been impressed at the ability to miss the toilet, then when they get the aim down, you then have to deal with the "splatter" effect...
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:32:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well,
95% done. I have a couple small pieces of molding to install and then clean and reseal the tile grout in the bathtub. Not bad considering. Total price for the mod..................$1525. I planned on only spending about $900, but I was over ruled on several key items...............Who am I kidding, I didn't get to pick anything except the small clear plastic mirror fasteners. Wink You would not believe how much "fixtures" cost. That little tiny handle on the toilet was $42. Sad I did get a new router (the woodworking type, not the networking type) out of the deal though. Grin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: