Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
making enermax chakra's 25cm fan go faster, is it possible?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johni
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:56:03    Post Subject: making enermax chakra's 25cm fan go faster, is it possible? Reply with quote View Single Post

giving it more watts so it will ventilate fast and better?
how can i do that? i have Asus P5B mobo.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:09:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Two ways come immediately to mind...

If the fan is plugged into the motherboard, check the bios to see if you can turn up the fan speed.

Second way would be to get a fan controller that would allow you to control the speed of the fan. In my experience, many fans run a range of speeds, with a default speed. A good fan controller woudl allow you to turn up the speed of the fan to it's maximum. I use the Cooler Master CoolDrive IV when I'm testing fans to control the speed settings.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:38:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It will take more voltage to make it go faster and if you put more voltage to it will likely fry the fan. I would suggest replacing the fan with a faster rpm fan if you need more cooling.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:50:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Finding a 25cm replacement fan might not be the easiest thing, but like dadx2mj says, I wouldn't recommend making it go faster.

Maybe Modulok can confirm this, but I would guess it is running at full speed, and that it just isn't a very fast full speed.

Are you having heat issues on your system?

Have you tried the fan blowing in both directions? (I know it is reversible).

How about populating the 120mm fan locations? (I know it doesn't come with anything but the 25cm fan).
johni
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:21:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well, according to many temp's i've seen on people's pcs, my temps are kind of fine.
gpu 50-60, cpu 47-55

but it is still hot, i can feel it with my body and that annoys.

and the fan is only connected to the PSU.
and the two direction thing is kinda cool... but it doesn't really help.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:10:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ok, the 25cm fan with this case is pretty good at cooling. I believe it runs only at 800rpm. (EDIT: 650rpm, 17dBA, 90cfm)
It connects via molex direct to the PSU, so fan controlling is out of the question.

Try to do a quick benchmark with the fan off, then blowing into the case, then as an exhaust. The fan helps cooling greatly even at low RPM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: