Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Close Encounter Tonite ....of the Bear Kind.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 02:16:12    Post Subject: Close Encounter Tonite ....of the Bear Kind. Reply with quote View Single Post

A lady friend and I went out driving around this evening when we(she) decided to stop at a really old cemetery. We had sat there for 30-40 minutes, during the course of that time we were telling ghost stories and such. ...occasionally hearing a snap of a tree limb or some other odd noise. On one of the noises I started to look behind us because I felt "eyes", as I was looking around she grabbed my arm and started gasping. As I turned to see what was up, 20 feet in front of us was a 300-400lb black bear. My lady friend got all weak in the knees and started shaking, almost at the point of falling down. So I grabbed her up and threw over the shoulder and pulled my piece. I then walked backwards to her jeep keeping an eye on the bear. The whole time I backed up to her vehicle the bear didn't seem to mind us one bit. I mean it was like we weren't even there. But once I closed the door on her jeep after dumping her inside, it really took notice. At that point I thought to myself, "Oh crap, I hope she unlocked the other side." I pulled a Bo Duke across her hood and scrambled for the door, as I did that the bear kinda side stepped to see where I was. When I went to open it, sure as crap it was locked. At that point I'm trying to decide whether to scream at her or laugh because its just my damn luck. For what seemed like an eternity(30-45sec) I'm mumbling "unlock the door, unlock the door, unlock the door", then it dawned on her that I was still outside and the bear was only 12-13ft away at the time. So I hear the click and I dove in. The bear then came up to my door and just looked at my for a few seconds then just walked down the lane.

I'm still trying to pull the underwear out of my a$$ from clinching up so tight. Now I know black bear are really docile critters, and it the only threating thing it did was probably because I spooked it when I closed her door. ...but I tell ya what, its kinda unnerving when you're sitting on some rocks look at the headstones and a black blob mossies up to you unnoticed(was really dark out). I just wish I had my digicam with me this evening. Its not that often you run into a bear, let alone one just feet away.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 09:11:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow... and I'm guessing those clicnked undies might need some werious washing, too!

Been a long time since I have seen a bear, and I'd probably act different now... Teenagers don't really get it (which si what I was), but I'd be scared now... Laughing
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:46:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You were at a grave yard??? That's one strange fetish you got there!!
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 00:19:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
You were at a grave yard??? That's one strange fetish you got there!!

My thoughts exactly Grin

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 00:22:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

nothing like that going on... ...now my ex from 9 years ago, yeah. not this girl..
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 04:56:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Good to know you lived to tell about it. If you were a granola eating, tree hugging, bunny lover you would have either tried to walk up and pet the poor thing or played dead. Either one would have had a much worse ending. Glad things turned out OK.

What weapon were you packing? The trusty .45? A couple years back a guy actually took down a charging grizzly at one of the local salmon rivers with a 9mm. Took a full clip, but the bear was charging him and his daughter so he unloaded on it. Had to spend several months in court because there were a couple tourists nearby who didn't think he should have shot it, but in the end, he was exonerated.

The last guy around here who forgot bears were wild animals managed to get himself and his girlfriend eaten. Timothy Treadwell ring a bell? They actually made a freakin movie about the guy. We even had a dumb a$$ tourist try to climb into Binky's (long deceased polar bear) cage at the local zoo to take a picture and get mauled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binky_%28polar_bear%29

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:27:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:
.....What weapon were you packing? The trusty .45? A couple years back a guy actually took down a charging grizzly at one of the local salmon rivers with a 9mm. Took a full clip, but the bear was charging him and his daughter so he unloaded on it. Had to spend several months in court because there were a couple tourists nearby who didn't think he should have shot it, but in the end, he was exonerated.

I had my Walther P99 9mm. ...wasn't expecting to run around. The outing started out with her picking me up to go to the convenience store across town. On the way back by my place she said she was kidnapping me as we drove by my house LOL. If I woulda known she was gonna drag my out to so overgrown, abandoned cemetery in the middle of nowhere I would grabbed my Ruger Vaquero loaded up with some heavy Colt 45's.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:26:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

A graveyard?? Man... that's freaky.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:39:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

in my backyard my dog chased a black bear up a tree, then the bear climbed down and ran into the woods which my dog pursued it again. I figured the bear would get cornered or run out of stamina from running and would swat my dog and that would have been the end.

fyi, my dog is an Eskimo Spitz...like this one here, maybe 30lbs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: