Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Close Encounter Tonite ....of the Bear Kind. 
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 02:16:12    Post Subject: Close Encounter Tonite ....of the Bear Kind. Reply with quote

A lady friend and I went out driving around this evening when we(she) decided to stop at a really old cemetery. We had sat there for 30-40 minutes, during the course of that time we were telling ghost stories and such. ...occasionally hearing a snap of a tree limb or some other odd noise. On one of the noises I started to look behind us because I felt "eyes", as I was looking around she grabbed my arm and started gasping. As I turned to see what was up, 20 feet in front of us was a 300-400lb black bear. My lady friend got all weak in the knees and started shaking, almost at the point of falling down. So I grabbed her up and threw over the shoulder and pulled my piece. I then walked backwards to her jeep keeping an eye on the bear. The whole time I backed up to her vehicle the bear didn't seem to mind us one bit. I mean it was like we weren't even there. But once I closed the door on her jeep after dumping her inside, it really took notice. At that point I thought to myself, "Oh crap, I hope she unlocked the other side." I pulled a Bo Duke across her hood and scrambled for the door, as I did that the bear kinda side stepped to see where I was. When I went to open it, sure as crap it was locked. At that point I'm trying to decide whether to scream at her or laugh because its just my damn luck. For what seemed like an eternity(30-45sec) I'm mumbling "unlock the door, unlock the door, unlock the door", then it dawned on her that I was still outside and the bear was only 12-13ft away at the time. So I hear the click and I dove in. The bear then came up to my door and just looked at my for a few seconds then just walked down the lane.

I'm still trying to pull the underwear out of my a$$ from clinching up so tight. Now I know black bear are really docile critters, and it the only threating thing it did was probably because I spooked it when I closed her door. ...but I tell ya what, its kinda unnerving when you're sitting on some rocks look at the headstones and a black blob mossies up to you unnoticed(was really dark out). I just wish I had my digicam with me this evening. Its not that often you run into a bear, let alone one just feet away.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved