Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Dacos Technologies Rapsody 2.5" Multimedia Player
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:52:00    Post Subject: Dacos Technologies Rapsody 2.5" Multimedia Player Reply with quote View Single Post

The Rapsody is an excellent fit for my digital multimedia device needs, and I really do like it. It is very easy to transfer media via USB or OTG, and the size and simplicity make it extremely portable. They did a good job incorporating support for different file types, but could have made it a little more robust. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

trustdoc7
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 00:49:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The company website says that you can play music without a T.V. by using the LCD on the Unit??? Can you see Folders/Files?
How long does the 4xAA battery pack last??
Thanks,
Alan
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:43:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

trustdoc7 wrote:
The company website says that you can play music without a T.V. by using the LCD on the Unit??? Can you see Folders/Files?
How long does the 4xAA battery pack last??
Thanks,
Alan

hmm, I didn't notice the jukebox w/o TV on the website...I will play with that and I will test the 4xAA battery pack. Any preference to audio or video playback on the battery pack?
levyshahar
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:55:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Can anyone check if it supports WAV files?
I know the article says it does, but some of the stores don't mention it and I've had problems with this file type before (the iamm ntd-25 was supposed to support it but it didn't..)
Thanks!
Shahar
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:14:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK guys, here are your answers...

The battery pack is meant for the OTG backup feature. Meaning you can use 4xAA batteries to backup your digital camera photos, USB flash drives, etc. I don't think it is meant for audio or video playback.

When I put some freshly charged batteries in the pack and pluged it into the Rapsody nothing happened. Tried hitting the power button on the unit and still nothing. My guess is that the battery pack will not power my WD 120GB 5400RPM hard drive and needs extra power. I don't have a 4200RPM drive to try.

I looked through the manual about any meantion to the audio playback via LCD screen. I plugged in the Rapsody into my TV without the video cable. The only way where you can play audio files without the video plugged in is using the bookmark button on the remote. It remembers the last song and will resume it when you press the bookmark button.

As for the WAV playback, I had some old wav sounds from various TV shows/movies I used to use as Windows sounds. Some said unsupported, and the rest were not at the right speed...it was probably 2x too fast. It probably needs to be encoded a certain way like the divX and Xvid formats.

Hope this helps you both.
levyshahar
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:04:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thank you for very quick response..

the problem is, if I encode the WAV files (to mp3, ogg, wma) they will lose data, since mp3 and the rest are all "lossy" formats.
some WAV files are not raw data but have some data that needs to be decoded..
the best way to check it is to use winamp option (in the media library) to rip a track from a cd to WAV file (with WAV header), and see if it plays it. I will appreciate it very much if you could do so...

and one more thing: how can I connect an optic or coaxial cables to it? these kind of cables require different output than the one I see in the picture..

thanks again
shahar
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:59:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Give me the procedure in winamp and I will try to rip a track for you to see if it plays. Like I said in the review, I would like to see FLAC playback...not lossy and maybe 50% of the file size.

There are other cables available but sold separately.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

levyshahar
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:04:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

the winamp procedure:
Alt+L for the media libraray, under "rip and burn", right-click the targeted CDROM device and choose "cd ripping preferences".
under encoding format, select ".WAV output". check "write .WAV header" (supposed to be checked already).
close the preferences window, choose a track and click "rip".

.FLAC is great, and it's free.. I really don't know why so little players offer it... but I'll be satisfied with wav for now...
thank man, you're really helpin me
levyshahar
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 17:30:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

any luck with it yet?
ntaurus2001
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 12:49:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Has anyone had experience about the OTG function of Rapsody?
How long will the 4 AA batteries last when running the OTG?
How fast would it be, like, copy 2gb of images from USB card reader to Rapsody?

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: