Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Satellite Internet
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:44:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WOW!!! a whopping 5.6kbps steady download speed. satellite here i come. Sad
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:44:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Welcome to the sticks!
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Mon, 08 May 2006 21:27:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Haven't been around much because the internets here suxor and I don't have time to set up a satellite. But, on the brighter side of things, rumor has it that Qwest will be bringing DSL to town in the next couple of weeks. Grin
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 09 May 2006 11:04:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

we'll believe it when we see it, but seriously, good luck with that.

Verizon has been telling me that same story for the last 9 years. I live exactly .6 miles from the Baltimore city line and there's a CO down the street, but the ba$tards would never do anything about it, so I had to with Comcast (for the last 9 years Mad )

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:46:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

man that sucks having to deal with dialup...

I hear everyday from people wanting DSL out in the sticks, which we (Alltel, soon to be WindStream) are doing.
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:45:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been running a satellite system for the past 4 years. At the time I got it SBC (now AT&T) said they were putting in DSL in out area next year. They just didn't say what the next year is. Anyway, satellite is slow and expensive and you can't count on constant service, but the good news is that they are running new DSL (fiber) cables and installing all the hardware as I type this. Just don't know how long it will be before they have it all up and running.
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:12:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WOOOOT!!!! DSL will be here on the 1st of July. Banana Evil Banana Carrot Pepper

Just signed up for 5Mbps down and 896 up...my modem should be here on the 29th. Grin

Last edited by Asylum on Sun, 25 Jun 2006 23:01:50; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:19:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Are your speeds reversed? I'd rather faster down than up... Well, unless you are starting the Asylum Barnyard Pals pr0n Feed, then you'll need some fast upload speeds for all the subscribers! Grin
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 19:41:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

that would be a bizarre up/down combo.
I doubt there is enough content in all off montana to keep a 5MB pipe full 24/7 (except for the sheep and goat lovers, EC probably need 2.5 Mb alone Wave )
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 23:03:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
Are your speeds reversed? I'd rather faster down than up... Well, unless you are starting the Asylum Barnyard Pals pr0n Feed, then you'll need some fast upload speeds for all the subscribers! Grin

I got all excited and don't feel like proof reading with the slow internets... fixed previous post. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: