Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Overclocking The Intel Pentium D Processor 805
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:50:08    Post Subject: Overclocking The Intel Pentium D Processor 805 Reply with quote View Single Post

Legit Reviews was able to go out and purchase the Intel Pentium D Processor 805, a $130 processor, and overclock it to run with the best that Intel has to offer. In terms of overclocking this processor couldn't be any easier to overclock. With no voltage increase required to run 3.8GHz, all that needs really needs to be adjusted is the memory divider and the Front Side Bus (FSB). - Legit Reviews
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:28:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

am I the only one who can't get a good OC outta this thing. Maybe I need someo aftermarket cooling
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:28:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You have one? What is your setup? I was considering one.
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:41:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have to get the HSF off. I forgot to look. I can get it to 2.9 then I think it gets too hot.

Setup:
Abit AV8-V
2x512 OCZ PC2-5400
Stock HSF
GF6800GS

Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 27 May 2006 23:51:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WOW. That is crazy OC.

I've got the Pentium D 830 3.0Ghz, and I cant get it anywhere over 3.5 Ghz.

I wish I had noticed this before I bought the 830... GRRR
Beer Moon
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 29 May 2006 02:02:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've seen lots of people get them over 3.0Ghz. What I haven't been sure of is whether or not they're throttling up there.

These things run hot. You need some really good cooling to push over 3.5Ghz and not throttle. Most people are just getting the 3-3.2Ghz out of it from what I've seen.

Of course, if you're going to throw $150-$200 at it to cool it, (like Tom's Hardware did), just to break 3.5Ghz, at that point you might as well just get an Opty 165 and OC that to 2.4-2.6Ghz using the stock heatsink. It puts out less heat, and does the same amount of work as the D 805.
Uberdroog
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 29 May 2006 21:57:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just got the processor in the mail. The MB I want is more exspensive...can't recall the last time that happened. I am hoping to use the corsair nautilus 500 for cooling but we'll see Smile
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: