Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast is OUT!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murdock[NJLP]
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:20:41    Post Subject: Half-Life 2: Lost Coast is OUT! Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast is now available for play for all Half-Life 2 owners.

Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, a single-player level custom-created to showcase High-Dynamic Range lighting (HDR) in the Source engine, is available now to all owners of HL2. As a technology showcase, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast's system requirements are very high. During installation, Steam will prompt you if your system does not meet the recommended configuration. We hope you enjoy it.

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=472

I think it took me longer to download then to acutally play it. It did look very nice though....and it was fun. I will play it agian when I have more time.

Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:24:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Are there screenshots somewhere?
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 01:09:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
Are there screenshots somewhere?

Here's a few.

EDIT: Just played for about 5 minutes and this game taxes the hell out of my pair of 6600GT's!!!!
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:59:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Screenshots look pretty nice, I'll probably end up getting it in a few months.

If its taxing your dual 6600GTs, its not going to make my G4 MX series feel very good.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:54:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

must you use steam still? i had HL2 but took it off cuz i hated steam and refused to use it
CHollman82
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:54:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Why is it so much more demanding of the hardware if all it added was HDR? Or are the models much more detailed and the textures higher quality also...
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:05:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:
must you use steam still? i had HL2 but took it off cuz i hated steam and refused to use it

Yes you have to have steam to even DL it.

CHollman82 wrote:
Why is it so much more demanding of the hardware if all it added was HDR? Or are the models much more detailed and the textures higher quality also...

I think your right about the higher textures and details. I also had the resolution set at 1280x1024.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BashBang
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 01:25:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Cool I played and liked it, not as much as I was expecting.

As far as my graphics card I was running an ATI 9600 AIW at 800 X 600, just to see, and it was fine.

Crazy There was a point were there was no fighting but all in all it was cool. Not to spoil for people who haven't played yet because they're still waiting for the damm thing to download. But the physics was cool when your in the church as it is shooked.

I say download, go do something else and come back and play on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: