Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Foxconn 875 Mobo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sequalit
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:39:36    Post Subject: Foxconn 875 Mobo Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey guys, i have a foxconn 875 mobo, I was playing PlanetSide and all the sudden my computer crashed, now every single time i boot up, i get no video feed, and my mobo beeps like this (beep boop beep boop beep boop beep boop....)

whats wrong with my mobo, did it just die on me from old age or something? or could my bios have gotten overwritten?

please help
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:59:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Sequalit... I believe that has an Award BIOS, which aren't standard from board to board... But, I think it is a CPU issue code. Perhaps it isn't seated properly, or it may have overheated... hopefully not fatally.

Best bet is to take the heatsink off, remove the processor, put the processor in again and make sure it is in well. Clean up the previous thermal paste from the heatsink and processor top, put on some new thermal paste, and then make sure the heatsink is installed well.

While you are in there, you might as well reseat the memory and video card... But, my first place to focus is the CPU!

Good Luck!
Sequalit
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:08:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey dude, thanks a bunch!, i removed my heatsink, the paste is so dry and hard and it was flaking off, it looked like there was barely any left on there... ill go ahead and buy some more paste and reseat it.... but will reseating it fix the problem? im preatty sure it overheated cause i had a bunch of programs running (azureus, planetside, yahoo, a few others)... so if it isnt fatal, if i redo the paste and reseat it, that should fix it, but if its fatal, i need a new cpu?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:28:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Possibly... but hopefully not.

Flaky thermal paste? That doesn't sound good!

Reseating things can work miracles, and hopefully your system can be up and running with everything put back in well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: