Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
LILLIPUT MONITOR QUESTIONS / PROBLEMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephenC
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:47:42    Post Subject: LILLIPUT MONITOR QUESTIONS / PROBLEMS Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, new to everything. Got a Lilliput 7" touchscreen. Dell 750mhz C600 with I THINK NeoMagic 2160 video controller laptop trying to run it. Is there a way to get the widescreen not distorted? Black bars on the sides would be fine. I'm using it for Aviation GPS, which is really best not distorted.

Thank you very much.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:51:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi stephenC... Welcome.

I really don't know much about that graphics chip, but your best bet might be to download Powerstrip and see if it works with it...

http://www.entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm

It allows for custom resolution not listed in the default display controls, and it helped me run on a system that didn't support widescreen.

What res are you running at? I found that even without PowerStrip, 800x600 looked pretty good...
stephenC
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:00:53    Post Subject: LILLIPUT MONITOR QUESTIONS / PROBLEMS Reply with quote View Single Post

Unfortunately, I'm extremely unknowledgeable in this arena. I do have it set to 800x600. What do you adjust in Powerstrip to "squeeze" the screen in?

I really appreciate the help, and apologize for the stupid questions. It's not an area in which I'm used to modifying things.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:07:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

800x600 was just a suggestion from my experiences. No PowerStrip required.

With PowerStrip, you have another application to tweak the screens resolution, and it should allow you to choose from 16:9 formats that will look better on the screen. The only issue might be compatibility with your older display/laptop.

It is a free download, so it is worth a shot!
stephenC
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:14:40    Post Subject: LILLIPUT MONITOR QUESTIONS / PROBLEMS Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks. And I assume if that's the case, there's no changing anything, and it'll have to be something I live with.

I've also had a terrible time installing the drivers for the touchscreen. Is this typical? I've never had such issues unless trying to do something unusual. I'm trying to be "Standard". I can get the monitor to work fine, but the touchpanel piece doesn't work at all. Everything is connected tightly, etc.

I'm trying to use Touchpanel. Is there a better product?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: