Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Folding@Home
Distributed computing project for disease research
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 13:29:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

anyone else having issues submitting completed WUs? I've got 3 sitting on one machine. Running with diskless CD so I don't want to reboot and lose 'em
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 21:35:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No problems here, things seem to be humming along nicely, but I'm not using the standard smp/gpu clients so that could be why.
Doh!

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 04:14:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It looks like VMWare is able to run -bigadv units. Seems like people have been making windows work with VMWare and linux on their overclocked Core i7 cpu's.

Not sure if anyone out there is up for it, but I figured I'd post a couple links with more info just in case.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=4464
http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12068

Looks like the first post has links to a working image and the vmware player.

Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 14:39:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Last edited by thegrub on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:08:39; edited 3 times in total
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:41:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thegrub wrote:
acruxksa wrote:
It looks like VMWare is able to run -bigadv units. Seems like people have been making windows work with VMWare and linux on their overclocked Core i7 cpu's.

The first one at EVGA is the one I started folding with to see if I can do the bigadv without investing in new hardware. His second image will not run for me but the first one does work. The SMP in windows only does the 1920s at ~1500 but the VMLinux does about 4Kppd on the 920i at ~2.75GHZ. Although I can run the cpu easily at 4.8GHZ with just the GPUs, when I tried the windows SMP the temperatures on the cpu quickly approached 100C and I shut it down. The cpu only has the stock cooler on it and it runs the fan at full speed unless I have nothing running. I am waiting for that new case to arrive so I can switch over to it since I have to take the motherboard out to install the backing plate. With the three GPUs with 2 clients each and the VMLinux the CPU is at 70c and the cores are 82c-85c. I have the smp set for -4 because when I tried -7 the GPUs dropped 10% and the smp went down to 2200. The thing is I also enabled the Intel VT-d at the same time as the -7 so I will have to just change one and then check for effects. (Currently no VT-d and using -4) I will finish up the 10th 1920 in the morning of Monday and then try the -7 with no other changes.

How's this working for you thegrub? If it does allow -bigadv work units on a windows machine, that's a big deal. Any info you have on the setup and your experience with it could be beneficial to others around here running windows and core i7's. Could boost our numbers significantly.

Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:30:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here's a linux image with one of the more recent Linux kernels 2.6.31 that apparently runs from windows via Sun's Virtual Box rather than Vmware. Also, apparently virtual box has support for 16cores while the latest vmware player only supports 8.

Reference Post : http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12094#p118232

Link to Image : http://www.linuxforge.net/fah/img/Linux64-FAH-0.5.zip

Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:53:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Last edited by thegrub on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:05:06; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 02:39:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WOOT! We just hit the top 300 teams, passed 15 million pts this week and I recently crossed the 5 million point mark as well. Good week for BigBruin Folding@Home.

****maybe not, Kakao Stats says 300 the Stanford site says 302**** Either way, were close and tearing it up.

OOOOOF! we were there for an hour or so, looks like another week before we get there for good.

Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:33:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

thegrub,

I'm seeing some 60K+ pointers rolling in for you. Thumbs Up

Did you get -bigadv working with vmware, or is it running natively on linux? is it an oc'd i7 or dual xeon?

Either way, your putting up some huge numbers. Grin

Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:13:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Last edited by thegrub on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:36:43; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 68 of 77

Jump to: