Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
HEC Group 6C28 ATX PC Case
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:02:42    Post Subject: HEC Group 6C28 ATX PC Case Reply with quote View Single Post

Compucase may not be the first name you think of when shopping for a case, but as the US source for HEC Group cases, they may be worth consideration the next time you want to find a new home for your system. Today we are taking a look at the HEC Group 6C28 ATX PC Case. The case is a mid tower model that combines a good mix of looks, features and functionality... - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 02 May 2006 16:46:02; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:52:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

After a bit of research of my own, it looks like the case will sell for anywhere between $40-$45. Seems to me like adding two 92mm fans and bumping the price a few more dollars if neccesary would've been a wiser choice for the relatively small company.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 02:07:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

wow 40$ thats cheap...i am growing weary of my chieftecd case and i am pondering the lian li 60-70b...but i jsut cant bring myself to fork over 160$ for a case...
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 08:25:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The review mentions the only place we could find this case... Directron.com has it for $41.99 and that includes a somewhat "basic" 300W PSU.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:46:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Like I said, I believe they should have added the fans. But other than that, the case looks, and preforms pretty well. The one thing I really like about the case is that it's simple, yet very effective design.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:41:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

While I would agree they should include some kind of fan, that would also increase the price of it. Still would be very cheap compared to other cases.

But at the same time, how many times do you keep the fan that comes pre-installed in the case with it? Maybe I'm unusual about that, but usually I change the fan pretty quickly to a fan that I know how well it will work.
zepper
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:59:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was wondering about the metal thickness - 0.8mm SECC is the thinnest I normally consider for my own cases. I see that this has only 0.6mm - did you not notice the case to be flimsy and if not, what did they do using such thin metal to prevent it's coming across as flimsy?
. Also, the funny oval shaped holes at each drive position are mounts for plastic "twist-lock" drive clamps (to make the case somewhat more toolless as advertized - the drive cages have to be snug for that type of clamp to work well). Were the twist-lock pieces not included? Sometimes those items are optional and require the reseller to specify them on their order.
. Evercase 42x2 series are EXCELLENT cases, but the resellers seldom specify that the HD vibe damper bushings are included and/or the second removable HD bracket. Luckily they are inexpensive and you can order them direct from Evercase.
. I'm wondering if you can order the set of plastic drive clamps direct from Compucase? Other than that, a fairly ordinary case...

.bh.

Wave

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:25:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I would have to say it doesn't feel flimsy. It's pretty lite overall, but when playing with it I didn't get the feeling of "cheap". They don't use any bracing (other than the normal rolling on the ends).

The case is "nothing special" but I like it overall. Makes a nice look "plain" case that seems to cool very well.
axb
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:06:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorry for reviving an ancient thread but I have an urgent issue and just found this review and hoping to reach the reviewer or case owners. I ordered a custom build form a boutique shop with this HEC Group 6C28 case but it won't be here until next week at the earliest. In the meanwhile, I can buy a used 6970 real cheap, for $280, but won't unless I know it can fit. The buyer is pressuring me decide by tomorrow, saying he has other buyers lined up and at this price I am inclined to believe him. How much space is there?

Thanks in advance. Can't post images as new user but I'll try anyway

i41.tinypic.com/302wapy.jpg
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 09:47:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi - might be hard to say with 100% certainty - but looking at the specs and pics of the case has me thinking it should fit with ease!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: