Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
all around satellite speaker system for low-profile config??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ResQTek
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:49:16    Post Subject: all around satellite speaker system for low-profile config?? Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm researching 5.1 speaker sets that have a low profile on the floor, but that don't sacrifice sound for physical dimensions. The goal here is a Windows Media Center setup with a Sharp Aquos 45" LCD ... movies, gaming, TV, etc.

Can anyone recommend a speaker system that isn't ridiculously expensive, yet impressive?

Links appreciated.

Thanks!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

XXWoodmanXX
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:56:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok,....by "low profile", do you mean a speaker system that takes up a small footprint, or an actual low-profile speaker? If low-profile, I'd suggest that you research some electro-static speaker systems. They're somewhat expensive, considering that the technology is still somewhat new.

If you just mean a small-footprint, then I'd definitely suggest Anthony Gallo spkr systems. I only mention them, simply because my company is an A.G. dealer and the speakers not only look awesome, but put out superb sound in a full-range driver system, equal to(even surpassing) that of Bose.

Good luck in your research. Ultimately, I'd suggest you go to a dealer or even just a Best Buy and get a demo of some really good speakers. Smile
ResQTek
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 09:09:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

A.G. -- sounds good. That's the idea: small footprint. I'm trying to minimize the amount of large black boxes in my living room without compromising the technology.

Thanks for your reply! Wave
XXWoodmanXX
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 09:58:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not a problem, man! As many know, I'm in the home theater/home audio install business, and I'll be headed to the CEDIA Expo in Indy in 2 weeks, and I'll have all sorts of pics of new up-n-coming products, and maybe I can give ya some more ideas soon!

Also,....have you considered in-wall/in-ceiling speakers? Smile
ResQTek
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:30:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks! I was thinking of mounting everything in the walls, etc. -- but then I like the flexibility of rearranging things every once in a while.

I look forward to seeing the pics! Sun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: