Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
PC Power Calculator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:47:34    Post Subject: PC Power Calculator Reply with quote View Single Post

On a not to be named site Laughing there was a link to a calculator to figure out what size PSU you needed for your computer. Does anyone know where I could find that calculator again? Thanks!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:54:49    Post Subject: Re: PC Power Calculator Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
On a not to be named site Laughing there was a link to a calculator to figure out what size PSU you needed for your computer. Does anyone know where I could find that calculator again? Thanks!

A not to be named site? That was this site... Laughing

http://www.bigbruin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=226

Thumbs Up
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:59:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea.. not to be named site, becasue the site is so great it doesn't need to be named...

Laughing

OK... that was weak.. I thought the link was on the other site... But Thanks BB!!
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:59:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Damn it all that time Googling and BB beats me to it. Anyway here is a direct link for those interested

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:02:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

As soon as I get Deathstar's RAID controller and drop that in, my new rating climbs over 350W minimum!!

Yikes
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:27:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My rig came in at 376 watts minimum that gives me 24 watts to spare Grin
evilburl
Canadian eh

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 23:50:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

crap i need more power lol

PMS stands for:Perissable Man-Slaughter, Preposterous Mood Swings, or Punish My Spouse
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Red Squirrel
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:50:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow not bad, mine turns up to 258... I have a 300watt psu and I have 6 fans on this thing, so add maybe 12 watts worth of fans making it 270 in use. Not too bad. I also have 1 inverter with a CCFL fan and a cold cathode light, but I only turn it on when I want to work inside my computer while it's on, or simply to show it off.

Edit: Did not notice the right section, after putting that I have a network card and usb device, and 6 fans, it passes 300. Yikes Bang Head not good. I don't have any instability problems though, I guess it's just not goot for the PSU. Might be wrong though, maybe it's more then 300watts, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was when I built this computer.

my site
hunter-killer25
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:55:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

wow i'm patheic 270 lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: