Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
IWILL XP-333R Northbridge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 15:47:08    Post Subject: IWILL XP-333R Northbridge Reply with quote View Single Post

I use a IWILL XP333-R motherboard in the machine that acts as my backup rig / server. It has always been pretty loud, so I cracked it open and started eliminating noise from fans, etc... And today I was going to replace its northbridge hsf with the passive northbridge cooler off my dead Asus A7N8X... Popped the pins on the hsf and it falls right off... No thermal paste at all, perfectly smooth anodized surface sitting up against the chip. Bang Head

These boards were known to have issues with the northbridge getting hot, and this setup can't possibly help!

Unfortunately, the pin lay out is different on the A7N8X, so I couldn't use it, but I may drop $4 on an adjustable wingspan Zalman cooler at Jab-Tech...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 17:28:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've seen that plenty of times. Ask Spire to send a pic of that super cooler I sent him that was on an old TNT2. Stamped piece of metal with no paste....
evilburl
Canadian eh

PostPosted: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:47:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

so i should pop mine off and have a boo? Confused
and lapp it

PMS stands for:Perissable Man-Slaughter, Preposterous Mood Swings, or Punish My Spouse
bigapl
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:58:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

the zalman is a good choise I owned a msi board and the nb mount holes are an odd size also the zalman popped right on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: