Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Vehicle Computer Chips
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:39:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Just thought I'd mention it, just in case.

I really like the 5.3l. More HP than the older 5.7l (stock) and I think it has the same or more torque as well. Nice compromise between mpg and power. Not sure what kind of mpg it gets, but I know my wifes 98 GMC Suburban w/5.7l gets 17mpg on the HWY, so I'm betting it's a little better than that.

I've got a couple friends w/the 6.0l 2500 HD's and they flat out haul, gas mileage sucks though. They both get about 14mpg Yikes on the HWY.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:53:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey Cheeze... I am now 2/3 of the way through your upgrade plan on my Jeep... Laughing

I already had the K&N filter charger and a throttle body spacer on the intake side... And I just ordered a Stage 1 Jet Chip for the computer... Maybe this fall I will do a free flow exhaust (and cat, if the budget allows). The chip should be here tomorrow, and I hope to see somke kind of boost.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:53:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Nice!! I wish I was... I haven't even started yet Sad.

I would like to do the air filter before winter starts though. They change the fuel around here (like most places) in the winter and it drops my MPG from about 17 to 13 (it's a mix of freeway & stop-n-go driving). So I'm hoping that chaning the air filter will get me an extra MPG or 2.
JimBowy

PostPosted: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:25:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Chips can be dangerous guys, auto manufacturers "wimp out" their calibrations for certain reasons. There are safties built into the vehicle CALs to prevent your vehicle from going lean, overtemping, oversparking, pre-igniting, or detonating (these are just a few examples).

These aftermarket chips just remove the safeties the auto-manufacturers build into their calibrations. This makes you more likely to get into the above situations. Is it worth it? You be the judge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: