Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Ill. Senate OKs Video Game Restrictions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:59:35    Post Subject: Ill. Senate OKs Video Game Restrictions Reply with quote View Single Post

The measure approved Thursday would require store owners to determine which games are too violent or sexually explicit for anyone under 18. Anyone selling them to a minor could be fined.

Both chambers have now approved the video game restrictions, but the Senate version removed the possibility of jail time for offenders. That means the revised bill now goes back to the House.

link to full coverage -

what this will mean to you .
it means more dollars spent on the game you want . and i wont be long before its law in every state in the nation !
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:53:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Guess I don't see it as a bad thing. We should control the violent & sexual content children see.

If parents want to buy the games for their kids, then so be it. But then at least the parents SHOULD know what their kids are playing. I wouldn't let my 14 yr old play Doom III, but I would probably let my 16 or 17 yr old play it.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 20 May 2005 12:36:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea, this can be bad, but on the same token, I'm with EC. Parents need to be aware of what their children are playing. Many parents today use TV, and Games to babysit their kids. Not knowing what they are playing or watching can cause issues.

The warning labels is good, but it should go to the stores to help enforce the sales of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: