Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
A Guide To Audio Cables - Do They Sound Different?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:55:52    Post Subject: A Guide To Audio Cables - Do They Sound Different? Reply with quote View Single Post

One of the most common questions asked by consumers faced with purchasing cables for their audio or home theater system is, "What is so important about cables anyway?" They can cost as much or more than some of the hardware in the system and to many it is difficult to understand why wire isn't just wire. - thetechzone.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

XXWoodmanXX
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 19:59:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can tell you, with sincere confidence and knowledge, that the $150 Monster interconnects don't sound any better than the $1.49 ones that you get at Radio Shack.

I can agree about the Speaker cable tho. They do indeed carry lots of energy(watts) so I DO care about the quality speaker cable that I use. Smile

Christ, if ya see the link in the article,....$1000 for a pair of 18" interconnects......Laughing
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:04:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
I can agree about the Speaker cable tho. They do indeed carry lots of energy(watts) so I DO care about the quality speaker cable that I use.

this is very very true ! i bought and use 16 gage heavy pvc coated wire from my stero receiver to my new klipsch f-2 towers and man are they clear and crisp . i spoke to te designer and he gave me the low down as to . internal spec.what wire they use in production . min and max as to gage wire to use with them .
( helps he is a family member Smile )
but on a inexspencive stereo system .you could get away with thinner and cheaper wire .you wouldn't tell the diffrent .you go with a system that is above the all in the box stereo set .(were the reciever,speakers , wires are all ready for you to attach them and plug it in the wall outlet ) you may want to make a call to the manufacture of your speakers .if they only use 18-16 gage wire to the jacks your attaching your wires to . why would you attach 12 gage speaker wires from the reciever to the speaker .i think that be just a waste of better wire . Bang Head
also placement of sound equipment can affect the systems performance . why over kill a area -or worst under kill a area - lets say you got a 14x20 room .and you have a pocket radio in the far corner turned midway up .chances are you may hear it but it be like a muffled voice in your head . now take that same unit and crank the sound up 3/4 way up . it sound like crap till you walked closer to the unit . Wave
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:32:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hmm...what kind of 16 gague wire...i know at the hobby store we sell ver nice wire for conducting alot of electricity from a speed control to a batt to the motor.
XXWoodmanXX
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:01:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
hmm...what kind of 16 gague wire...i know at the hobby store we sell ver nice wire for conducting alot of electricity from a speed control to a batt to the motor.

Being a former RC entheusiast, I can certianly agree that the 16 awg wire that I used for my 6 & 7 cell batts, SC, and motors were very high quality wire, with rugged, flexible insulation. Although it could be rather expensive, it would make a good spkr cable, if needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: