Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
this is what the xbox 360 will look like ! have a peek
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 15 May 2005 23:39:55    Post Subject: this is what the xbox 360 will look like ! have a peek Reply with quote View Single Post

The curvy white box will have a removable 20-gigabyte hard drive, three processors, a custom graphics chip and built-in wireless for cable-free access to the company's Xbox Live online multiplayer service.

Beyond games, the Xbox 360 will try to replace other entertainment appliances, acting as a hub from which you can listen to music, view photos and do real-time video chats with friends and relatives around the world. Also built-in is the ability to play DVD movies
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 16 May 2005 02:16:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

CONSOLES CAN BITE ME...every time they come out witha new console it has all this hype and crap...they graphics are about as good as the top notch pc's then a year later they are left in the dust...take your 300$ and invest in a nice a64 and mobo...or a new graphics card...stupid consoles Mad
PRpaTi
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 16 May 2005 05:41:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Very nifty hardware... me like. I believe it's a single, three core processor...

I'm w/ Hax... my last console was the original nintendo, although a good console game w/ a bunch of friends doesn't have a price... then again... a nice LAN either Grin
talkster5
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:27:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Same here my last console was a PS2 then I realised consoles suck so I went back to PC gaming where you can constantly upgrade your computer and it has loads more functions.
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Mon, 16 May 2005 16:49:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah I bought a PS2 like 3 months ago... My first one. I like the games, but didn't need it enough when it came out to spend so much on it. I think I spent as much on a use PS2, all the games I'm interested, HD loader, and hard drive as I would have spent on just a PS2 when it was all the hype. I couldn't care to much for state of the art gaming consoles. To much money for the only little fun you'll get out of them later on. Buy em' when they're getting outdated and then have the same amount of fun at a fraction of the cost. Grin
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:40:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

its just not worth the money...and why pay for games when you can Pirate them Grin ...
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:02:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
its just not worth the money...and why pay for games when you can Pirate them Grin ...

Cause it's not legal and can get you into trouble if you're ever caught. Bang Head

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

PRpaTi
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 16 May 2005 20:34:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sony not far behind either...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/PRpaTi/image-o-matic.jpg

Hardware
Backwards compatibility with both PSone and PS2 games.
Will use Blu-Ray discs for media; also supports: CD-ROM, CD+RW, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R, and SACD
Cell processor at 3.2GHz
2.18 teraflops of performance
512MB total: 256MB XDR system RAM at 3.2 GHz; 256MB of GDDRVRAM at 700MHz
Slot that supports a detachable 2.5in HDD
Six USB ports; Memory Stick Duo, SD and Compact Flash support
2 HDMI outputs, 1 A/V output, 1 SPDIF optical output, and a 1 gigabit ethernet port
Video chat, Internet access, digital picture, audio, and video viewing
Capable of handling seven Bluetooth controllers
WiFi capable

Graphics:
Chip is called RSX "Reality Synthesizer" by nVidia, runs at 550MHz
128 bit pixel precision and 1080p support
300 million transistors; 90nm process
Said to be more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultras
A full and official list of specs and developer reactions can be found here at Yahoo

We'll see 'bout that "more powerful than 2 6800 Ultras" stuff...

This has ended up being a 2 way competition... Sony vs. Microsoft AND ATI vs. nVidia. The only thing missing is Intel vs. AMD :p
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 16 May 2005 20:47:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

We got a Gamecube for the kids... but I'm not much of a consoler myself. I just stick to PC games, for the little I get to game Sad
thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 16 May 2005 23:09:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

PRpaTi wrote:

This has ended up being a 2 way competition... Sony vs. Microsoft AND ATI vs. nVidia. The only thing missing is Intel vs. AMD :p

But the real winner here is... IBM.

PS3 processor=Power derived.
XB360 processor=Power derived.

Power and Power derived processors are also found in the Blue Gene/L supercomputer (worlds fastest), and some other company that makes computers, their name escapes me at the moment. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: