Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
HD Issues
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:56:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Everyone has standards...even if they aren't understood. ;-)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:18:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LaTech wrote:
Everyone has standards...even if they aren't understood. ;-)

And apparently Hackerlittleroni is below all of them... Laughing
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:28:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

IceNine wrote:
Don't get me started on the "Geek Squad"...

isnt that like a swear word on these forums??

BETTER Yet

use Circuit citys IQ Crew LMMFAO!!!

Im the "head IQ Crew" person at my store.... its a friggen joke!!!

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:11:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

@#$J@#)$*&@)#($&*

You had to jinx me! My big WD 200gb drive went out on me! ARGH! At least it's under warranty so will get a new drive but still lose all that stuff!!!!! Sadly was an old image and no @(#*$&)@( back-ups Sad At least nothing fairly recent (last 6 months).

Any tips to try and recover the data?

Sad thing is it only had to last until this weekend! Was planning on upgrading that box this weekend from a Xp2500 to 64-3400 SATA Sad
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:23:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

oh man...I'm sorry. I was unable to recover any data and am thinking of ways to have some "fun" with my HD. As my luck runs, this HD was 1 month out of date.

Actually, all things considered, I fared pretty well. My Raptor drive wasn't dead, but somehow because it was up and running, the Windows install got corrupted with the crash of the other HD. A nice F&RI, and I'm back up and running. Also purchased 2 80 GB WD's (heck, they were $60 each) and am going to clone one of my drives to it so this doesn't happen again.

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:43:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you have your dremel handy, the discs make wonderful chimes and, so long as you keep them free of prints, they'll shimmer too.

Alternately, use them on the outside of the case. You can make a mosaic of the broken discs. Use Sculpey as your grout.

Finally, go to best buy, buy a hard drive. Put old hard drive in to new package, return special 'package' to the store and get a refund. The drones at the desk don't usually verify model numbers.
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:00:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

How about take the platers out and THEN return it?! **Note: For anyone working in the Ruston area, I'm just kidding and would never think of doing such a thing** (pssst...would that work?)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:29:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
Finally, go to best buy, buy a hard drive. Put old hard drive in to new package, return special 'package' to the store and get a refund. The drones at the desk don't usually verify model numbers.

FYI - That's called Theft by deception... When I worked at C.C. I had someone arrested for it.
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:09:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
FYI - That's called Theft by deception... When I worked at C.C. I had someone arrested for it.

I didn't say it was legal. I just made the recommendation. Had he done it, he could have blamed the internet for causing him to do bad things, it would have made the media, he would have been able to claim mental illness, good times. I would have laughed. I'm evil. King After all, click my signature.
dtgorm
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:41:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
@#$J@#)$*&@)#($&*

You had to jinx me! My big WD 200gb drive went out on me! ARGH! At least it's under warranty so will get a new drive but still lose all that stuff!!!!! Sadly was an old image and no @(#*$&)@( back-ups Sad At least nothing fairly recent (last 6 months).

Any tips to try and recover the data?

Sad thing is it only had to last until this weekend! Was planning on upgrading that box this weekend from a Xp2500 to 64-3400 SATA Sad

Dont buy WD drives, most of them go bad for whatever reason.

www.iqcrew.net
All retail tech benches are a joke!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: