Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Digital Music
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:26:48    Post Subject: Digital Music Reply with quote View Single Post

Does any one buy music online? Like from iTunes, Buy.com, WalMart.com, etc... If so and you burn them to CD, could you then rip them back to the PC and have an unprotected music file?

I like the idea of being able to buy music that I like, but I hate all the copy "protection" sh*t.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

werty316
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:02:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well the answer is no for me. P2P is my friend Grin
I am sure there is a way to take off the protection.

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:37:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

if you get them from itunes they arent protected...its your music you paid for it...but i sue torrents and a freind hooked me up witha few songs Laughing .
SAMSAMHA
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 03:01:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

not now. I hate the fact that you are limited as how you can play them, stupid itune digital signature. Until they figure out a way that you can play your digital music you bought freely, I am not gonna buy it.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 03:13:50    Post Subject: Re: Digital Music Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Does any one buy music online? Like from iTunes, Buy.com, WalMart.com, etc... If so and you burn them to CD, could you then rip them back to the PC and have an unprotected music file?

I like the idea of being able to buy music that I like, but I hate all the copy "protection" sh*t.

No I don't download music.
but I have heard that method works.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:50:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Great.... we gotz uz teh p!r@+3z...

I have used P2P in the past, but to me I see it as stealing. If I like an artist, and their work then I feel it's only fair I should support them and pay them for their effort. Gawd only knows I don't want to put in a full days worth of work only to have my employer not pay me for it.

But... I want to be able to do what ever I want with that music.... put it on a CD, play it on any of the PC's in the house, put it on my PDA to carry around, etc....
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:09:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes, if you buy music online, you can burn it to a cd, then rip it back to your PC. That's what I do.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

PRpaTi
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:22:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I bought a cd through Rhapsody and was just able to rip it with winamp... apparently no protection...
vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:49:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Although the burning to cd then ripping trick works, it uses a lot of cd's (unless you use dvd-ram's) and take a lot of time.

I suscribe to napster, which allows me to download as much music as i want and keep it on my computer for £9.95/month. If i don't keep up the subscription, however, it deletes itself from ym pc and it doen't work on my mp3 player (n-gage), and winamp has issues sometimes with drm'd files. So, I use a program called [URL=www.polderbits.com]Polderbits[/URL] to capture the audio that i download, a then save as mp3 with no protection and delete the original mp3. Viola! As much drm free music as you want, you just havce to spend a little time converting it. I can see that this method should work with iTunes and other music services as well

The other method i use is allofmp3.com, which unfortunatly doens't support the artist, but does give you straight (lossless) mp3's, is damned cheap and has a wider catalogue than napster.
SAMSAMHA
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 14:36:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

if we have to go through such painful process in order to enjoy the music we bought, we might as well just buy the CD(real CD) from the store as it's much better quality than the CD we burned. Then rip from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: